The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T5 Section > T5 Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ignition light on constant

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shanks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ignition light on constant
    Posted: 10 Dec 17 at 19:07
Hi, I have a t5 1.9 2005 and the ignition light is on more or less permanently when the engine is running. I had a new alternator 18 months ago and it has worked fine. However I jump started my friends car about a month ago and the problem seems to be since then. One weird little item is if I put the wipers on intermittent wipe the light will go off as the wiper is across the screen and on again as it stops, but this only happens at an odd time. The battery is still having about 14.4V when the engine is running. Can anyone throw any light on this.
shanks
Onefut View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie
I like pink

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Onefut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 17 at 12:52
Which Light do you mean by ignition light
When I put my ignition on lots of lights illuminate
God whispers in our soul & speaks to our heart. When we don't have time to listen, He has to throw a brick.
It's our choice: Listen to the whisper or wait for the brick!
05 Shuttle SE 174 Auto LWB
shanks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shanks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 17 at 19:06
Its the charging or alternator light.
shanks
T5 TDI View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T5 TDI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 17 at 20:02
One common link between the ignition light and the wipers is the J519.  Onboard power supply unit.  You could do with getting on diagnostics.  On VCDS (diagnostics) the J519 shows up as 'Cent Elec'.  Also see my post on the modifications section.  
2004 2.5 174
shanks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shanks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 17 at 21:02
I will have that done and will get back to you with the results.
shanks
 Post Reply Post Reply