The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > T3 Engine Upgrades
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 1.9dg to 1z conversion, clutch won't disengage?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1.9dg to 1z conversion, clutch won't disengage?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joolz250 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1.9dg to 1z conversion, clutch won't disengage?
    Posted: 09 Dec 17 at 17:29
Hello all,
I have been working on my 1.9dg to 1z tdi for several months now and have very nearly finished.
I am using the 1z flywheel and pressure plate, combined with dg   Clutch disc, brickwerks input shaft and spigot bearing) its 1990 T3 originally 1.9dg.

I do have a problem however- I cannot get the clutch to disengage hence not able to put it in gear without turning the engine off.
Anybody have any ideas what might be causing this? I wondered perhaps if the diesel bellhousing requires a longer push rod?
Any help would be much appreciated, thank you
Julian

Edited by Joolz250 - 09 Dec 17 at 18:43
Joolz250 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joolz250 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 17 at 11:47
.. hello again. I managed I start the engine in gear without it lurching forward. And lifting the clutch up in first does cause the van to creep forward. So I don't think it can be the clutch. Gear linkage perhaps? Any ideas would be much appreciated. Thank you
rowlesy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
murdered the murderwagen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rowlesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 17 at 21:31
bleed the clutch up. can be the only thing. unless you have forgotten to put release bearing in......but then you'd hear the racket first time you pressed clutch!

UberFukz broke another!       sucky sucky five dollah!

always out numbered never out gunned!    RWS welding 07846 380 467 (worcs)
Joolz250 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joolz250 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 17 at 07:12
Thank you.
I originally aslo thought clutch, but given I can start with the clutch pressed down whilst in gear, and also once started if I lift the clutch, it lurches forward- I'm now thinking gear linkage ....
rowlesy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
murdered the murderwagen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rowlesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 17 at 21:37
bleed it and see? seems like its part way through neither on or off? is it a new clutch plate? is the input shaft fitted correctly?

UberFukz broke another!       sucky sucky five dollah!

always out numbered never out gunned!    RWS welding 07846 380 467 (worcs)
Forden341 View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Forden341 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 17 at 20:59
Had a similar issue recently after I GTi’d my Gipsy. Turned out to be a failed slave cylinder although it was fine before the conversion!
Peel back the rubber boot on the slave cylinder where the push rod comes out and if you see fluid then it’s kippered and need a replacement.
Worth a look.
Bert.
 Post Reply Post Reply