The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T5 Section > T5 Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Upgrading keyless Remote

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TassieT5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Upgrading keyless Remote
    Posted: 09 Nov 17 at 07:13
Hi Members, I own a 2007 T5 Multivan with electric doors. I can remotely open the drivers side sliding door. The Question I would like answered, is there any way I can upgrade to a 4 button remote, so I can remotely open the passenger side sliding door aswell. Is the any cheaper after market options avaliable, instead of factory. I did see a T6 remote with 4 buttons, in a pic on a google search, but I cant find and forsale on the web.
regards TassieT5
T5 TDI View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T5 TDI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 17 at 22:26
Hi Tassie,  I don't have much experience of electric sliding doors but it does seem odd that the only door the remote will open is the driver's side.  Being in Aus I'm taking it that your van is a RHD.  I'm wondering if your van hasn't been 'told' that it has twin sliding doors or even where it lives. :-)  

I'm fairly sure using VCDS to configure your doors you will be able to choose at the very least which sliding door opens with (your original) remote.  

Does anyone else know what is normal behaviour for electric sliding doors using the remote on a Multivan with twin sliders?  I'm guessing a Caravelle would be the same.    

2004 2.5 174
Onefut View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie
I like pink

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Onefut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 17 at 12:40
I have elec sliding doors and both open remotely (although neither work as I need to replace the cables and repair top roller sensors)

The cover over the side button wore out and I replaced it with a case from a vw 4 button fob from a vw with alarm/panic red button cheaply off ebay.
Open your's up and see if it has the button on the side for the other door if it does buy the cheapo case off ebay

Or possibly get hold of the 4 button alarm fob and see if you can set it to your van with vcds
God whispers in our soul & speaks to our heart. When we don't have time to listen, He has to throw a brick.
It's our choice: Listen to the whisper or wait for the brick!
05 Shuttle SE 174 Auto LWB
 Post Reply Post Reply