The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > Other VW > Caddy
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Aaz fuel pump mk1 caddy HELPPPP 😭

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mk1Dean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Aaz fuel pump mk1 caddy HELPPPP 😭
    Posted: 25 Oct 17 at 20:24
First post on this forum it's the one I look on mostly so thought I'd register a account..

I've got a mk1 caddy which I'm restoring from the ground up and decided to go for a aaz conversion as its nice and easy for my first conversion

After searching and searching I finally came across a complete engine for sale for only £130 which I thought was fairly cheap considering I've seen it running in the car it came from,I've had the engine for a week now and decided to actually take a look at it when I discovered the fuel pump is electronic and not mechanical,first of all I thought I'd been ripped off and the engine wasn't aaz but after looking I've seen people say they are fitted to the later engines

So basically I want to know is it possible to convert a electric pump to mechanical, I've seen a few posts saying about chopping wires etc but didn't really fully answer my question or I probably didn't understand or should I just buy a mechanical pump and I assume it's a easy swap job, I'm replacing the Cambelt anyway

Thanks
Timjburrows View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timjburrows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 17 at 21:38
Welcome,there were no aaz engines with fly by wire pumps.what you may have is a late aaz with an immobiliser,it's possable to remove the plastic cover and connect the fuel cutoff wire directly to the stop soloniod
Mk1Dean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mk1Dean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 17 at 14:37

This is the pump I have
Mk1Dean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mk1Dean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 17 at 16:55
Just questioned the seller about it and they are now denying it was advertised as a aaz even though I have all the texts etc, shocking seeing as it came from a VW breaker
Timjburrows View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timjburrows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 17 at 19:19
That's a tdi or sdi pump may be possable to go landrover 200 or 300 tdi pump for non electricial alterative

Edited by Timjburrows - 26 Oct 17 at 19:21
ob1 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

FOUND IT, IT WAS HIDING!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ob1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 17 at 17:04
I’ve got a pump. It’s an AAZ not the best one in the world but powered my bus for 40k miles and was going strong when I removed it. I can get delivered to your door say for £70 all inc?

Edited by ob1 - 27 Oct 17 at 17:04
ob1 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

FOUND IT, IT WAS HIDING!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ob1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 17 at 17:05
Ah next question is is that an AAZ engine!
Mk1Dean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mk1Dean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 17 at 17:14
Thanks for the offer but it's not a aaz engine

The seller ( a VW breaker in holt Norfolk ) is refusing to give me a refund even though it was advertised as a aaz
ob1 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

FOUND IT, IT WAS HIDING!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ob1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 17 at 20:17
Small claims court then. If you have a copy of the advert!
guz View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 17 at 10:14
Sell it on and mark it up to experience, you said it was cheap anyway
location/moby number removed.
Mk1Dean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mk1Dean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 17 at 15:48
Got my money back today after threatening them with trading standards... Definitely learned my lesson on this one
 Post Reply Post Reply