FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

LT2 Camper update

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
tellytubby View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tellytubby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: LT2 Camper update
    Posted: 08 Oct 17 at 19:07
Just a short update on what I've been up to recently.  Mainly tinkering with the engine management and a host of wee jobs that have been waiting for attention.

Had been having problems with the engine going in to limp mode very intermittently though usually only when very well warmed up.  I'd replaced the MAP sensor last year but didn't get a genuine one so I thought I'd deal with that first just in case as I'd hate to go to all the bother of changing the turbo only to still have a problem.  Gave all the vacuum lines a thorough check and replaced a few, and threw some very expensive fuel treatment in the tank.  So far it has been vastly better - not quite 100% but good enough for me to live with.  Eventually might have to bite the bullet and replace the turbo.

Replaced a rotten battery tray - still need to fabricate a clamp for it currently using a bungee...  One for the MOT so I have a few months to get it done.

The right hand indicator stopped working - just clicking constantly.  Had to replace the switch assembly, fairly straightforward once the steering wheels off.

Inside I've decided to alter the layout slightly at the front.  Van had only the passenger seat on a swivel and the seats had been replaced with two particularly soft and to me uncomfortable ones.  So I've aquired a couple of Saab leather seats and a swivel base for the drivers side.  Fitting the swivel to the seat and base took a good 4 hours between measuring, fabricating, trial fits and adjustments but the result is a far more comfortable driving position plus once I rework the seating area behind the drivers seat there will be a good deal more space up front which should make the living experience more comfortable.

Passenger side to get done next weekend (probably)

Both seats are electric so I'll install an extra relay under the drivers seat for a permanent supply - at the moment I have a temporary lead into the cigarette lighter socket!

Longer term I need to either repair or replace the passenger door as the bottom is rotten and there are a few rust patches to get dealt with on the rear doors and the wheelarches but these will have to wait as I'm still hoping to get some more time away before the winter hits.

Post Reply Post Reply