The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T5 Section > T5 Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

T5 cab heating not adjusting (not direction)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rscott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: T5 cab heating not adjusting (not direction)
    Posted: 04 Oct 17 at 11:22
Hi there I have a slight issue that my cab temp control is jammed I have taken the dials appart and found that they all work correctly I have moved back through the dash and the leaver at the back appears to be jammed any ideas of what would cause this and how to fix.

and where the location of the temp valve in the engine bay may be.
T5 TDI View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T5 TDI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 17 at 19:05
It's a flap-only system so it doesn't have a water valve as such.  The water in the heater is hot all the time but the flap directs any hot air away.  

I'd confirm first that the dial works the cable correctly (through its full range) with the flap disconnected, then move the flap by hand.  It looks like you have already done this. Smile  If the flap is jammed, it could be that something has fallen into the heater and is fouling the flap or parts of the heater flap system itself have come loose and put the flap out of line.  It's going to be a question of using a torch and mirror or whatever you can to try and find the fault.  At worst you will have to remove the whole heater and split it.

I'm guessing you have already seen Surfdub's thread as you mention that fault is with the temperature control knob rather than the usual direction one but I'll post the link for anyone else that needs it. Smile  

Edited by T5 TDI - 11 Oct 17 at 00:07
2004 2.5 174
Rscott View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rscott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 17 at 23:24
Thanks for the reply, I sorted this on changing the cables, having both sides disconnected aloud the internals to spin and foul on each other. So I had to reset both sides.
 Post Reply Post Reply