The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > T3 Westfalia forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

T3 Westy LPG Valve Stuck

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dugone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: T3 Westy LPG Valve Stuck
    Posted: 28 Jun 17 at 22:05
Evening All,

Firstly, apologies for the stupid question, but what could stop the valve from moving freely on the LPG gas tank? Point being, I can't seem to turn mine at all! Any suggestions as to how I can get the damn thing to turn? Tried the usual WD40 etc but no good. Can't really seem to get anything to grip the thing to allow me to apply some leverage either. Anyone managed to free theirs? Don't much fancy having to take the tank off and replace it, although I see you can buy the valves on Gunzl.

Cheers
clift_d View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clift_d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 17 at 09:59
Dumb question perhaps, but presumably you've tried turning it in both directions?
1988 1.6TD Westfalia Club Joker syncro
Dugone View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dugone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 17 at 10:04
Yup, tried to wind it in either direction but no luck.  It's definitely open at the moment as there is still LPG in the tank and the hob works fine.  Tried to grip with mole grips etc but struggling evn with that!  Part of the problem is that access is difficult round there... maybe worth sticking on ramps to see if that helps me get a spanner or something under it.
Pete Westy View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pete Westy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 17 at 13:50
If you've not done this already, you can easily take the whole cover off, 3 or 4 M6 bolts, to get more access.
Pete

I've spent so much time under the Atlantic I'm changing my name to Titanic.
 Post Reply Post Reply