The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > Auto Jumble > For Sale
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SOLD Project Caravelle London £1500 O.N.O SOLD

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miguel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SOLD Project Caravelle London £1500 O.N.O SOLD
    Posted: 10 May 17 at 13:15
SOLD CryI have a 1982 Caravelle with 3 months MOT. Details as follows: SOLDCry

Originally a 1.9 petrol, it now has a 1.6 SB diesel from a Golf GTDS. These engines are pretty highly regarded with hydraulic tappets and a better pump and injectors then the JX.
5 speed ABM gearbox, rebuilt at some point by a previous owner .Although there is no paperwork to back this up,it is the sweetest T3 box I have  ever driven.
Pump has been professionally(Reg Cheeseman) rebuilt and modified for slightly more power. The engine fitted with all factory parts apart from the cold start relay.
Runs really well but the engine bay wiring needs tidying.

Issues with the panoramic sunroof. It is quite rusty presumably due to a blocked drain at some point. The rh. cable has snapped and is unobtainable and the winding mech. is damaged. I was going to either seal it shut or fit a roof clip I had located with another panoramic sunroof.
Body has the usual seam rash, but no serious rot and has obviously been “custom” painted by our kids.
Factory R +R rear bed, rare removable double  middle seat that slides out on runners and both fold so it can be used either front or rear facing.
Comes with a dildo block from a LHD Westy (not yet fitted).
No rear seat belts fitted but I have a set from a later Caravelle which should be straightforward to fit.
Head lining is in poor condition as is the interior trim, we were going to sort the interior after sorting the roof.
Captain’s seats, but one of the driver’s arms is floppy.
Swivel on the passenger seat.
Opening quarter lights.
Reason it is up for sale. When bleeding after replacing the anti-freeze the heater motor seized causing a wiring fire. It was extinguished really quickly. 
I will take the dash out over the next couple of weekends and see how badly damaged the wiring is. Lights/indicators (and even the bloody heater motor)Still work and it  starts and runs, however smoke damage means the warning lights aren’t visible and you would be brave to drive it any distance.
After offers pretty close to £1500 as I could break it for more pretty easily, but just haven’t the heart at the moment.
Based near Wembley. 
I have  a set of pepper pot alloys and twin round headlights/grill and lower wrap around grill from a South African Caravelle that can go with it for a good price if you are going to save it. I can also put you in touch with the seller of the (£350) roof clip.
I can supply lots more pics. If it is of interest 
P.M for a contact no. if you want to discuss further.

Cheers

Edited by miguel - 28 Jun 17 at 10:40
miguel View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miguel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 17 at 13:39
Not much interest in this complete,

Any interest in the engine with all the conversion parts at £650
Gearbox £250

Obviously both can be extensively tested before purchase.

Once the engine and box have gone I'll list  the factory RnR bed,seat swivels opening quarter lights etc  
912 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 912 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 17 at 21:47
How much of an offer would you accept?
miguel View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miguel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 17 at 22:14
How much of an offer would you make? Wink

Try me and see,I can only (politly) say no.
Pm if you prefer.

Post Reply Post Reply