The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > T3 Engine Upgrades
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fuel Pump Issues 8v GTI

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 7zark7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fuel Pump Issues 8v GTI
    Posted: 14 Apr 17 at 21:57
Hi, 

I was reversing the van out of the garage today and it stalled , on trying to re-start i can clearly hear that the fuel pump is not running. I have tested the voltage at the pump and it shows 0v. I then pulled the relay at the ECU and used a paperclip on pins 87 and 30 to bypass the relay - the pump does not run. I can see no blown fuses and everything else looks in order ... really stumped , does anybody have any ideas what else i could test.
jaber View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 17 at 06:22
Don't know about your pump problem but I do have one for sale if yours is kaput

Steve
take yer time there's a second prize
7zark7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 7zark7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 17 at 11:08
Some  more on this , i took a live wire from the battery and then tested the fuel pump which works. I then tested the live on the 30 connection of the fuel pump relay which is also works - i.e. the pump works. Managed to hold all that together and cranked the car - still no joy. even though i can clearly hear the fuel pump running.

on the other side of the fuel pump relay i am only getting 1.5v when i should be getting 12 , i have tested the ECU relay and confirmed it is getting 12v. I have ordered a new ECU relay for the time being but if anybody has any other thoughts or ideas please let me know.
Titus A Duxass View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Titus A Duxass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 17 at 13:53
Make sure that the relay contacts have not walked out of the back of the relay base.

Edited by Titus A Duxass - 15 Apr 17 at 13:54
Bollocks to it all!!
51°24′N 12°52′E
rowlesy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
murdered the murderwagen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rowlesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 17 at 20:07
and check your earths. everything else work?
UberFukz broke another!       sucky sucky five dollah!

always out numbered never out gunned!    RWS welding 07846 380 467 (worcs)
7zark7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 7zark7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 17 at 20:44
yes but i will check again , the earths look ok - it was kind of funny how it just cut out when reversing and would not start again.
 Post Reply Post Reply