The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > T3 Tech help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Radius rod chassis holes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Radius rod chassis holes
    Posted: 20 Mar 17 at 22:47
Hiya,

I took apart the radius rods today to fit new powerflex bushes, but looks like I'm a little too late and the rods already ground the holes out a bit. 

It's not very damaged, just a little.  The metal around the hole was rusty but is still pretty solid.  Do you think it's good enough to just fit the new bushes and call it a day or does it need welding?

Here are some pics:

Here with the aluminium spacer that comes in the powerflex kit.  There is no play on the spacer.

And the other side.  Less visible wear but there is a little bit of play on the spacer (but not much).

What do you think?

Cheers,
Andrew.

'90 T3 Bluestar
rowlesy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
murdered the murderwagen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rowlesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 17 at 17:19
I,d weld the elongated part back up and file back to shape.if the collars can move the polybushes won't work at there best
UberFukz broke another!       sucky sucky five dollah!

always out numbered never out gunned!    RWS welding 07846 380 467 (worcs)
akw View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 17 at 23:12
Thanks, makes sense.  I'll get some weld on there to get it back to the right shape. 
'90 T3 Bluestar
 Post Reply Post Reply