The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > The Brickyard > The Brickie's Arms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

T5/Caddy seats

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orangina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: T5/Caddy seats
    Posted: 20 Mar 17 at 13:52

Couldn't decide whether to post in T5 or Caddy forum so decided to throw it open to all the seat gurus in T'Brickies...

Want to replace the twin front passengers seat in my T5 with a single (adjustable) passengers seat.

The price of single T5 seats is extortionate (imho) and although I have successfully used a T4 seat in the past - my passengers found it to be a wee bit low...

So, apart from all the plastic gubbins around the base, is the Caddy seat essentially the same as a T5 seat?

If it is, then if I sling it onto a T5 seat base, will it be the same height as a 'T5 seat'?
smurf View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smurf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 17 at 21:35
Could you not use a drivers seat onto the passenger base you have???
www.colourright.co.uk
orangina View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orangina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 17 at 16:13
Hi Smurf,
Thanks for the reply.
It's a newly acquired van with a twin seat so I don't have a single base. 

My previous experience was a T4 seat on a T4 seat base - which I had to adapt slightly (re-drill holes to line up with the T5 floor).
Have looked at T5 driver's seats but they also seem to have shot up in price in the last few years! 
There was a time when passenger seats were expensive and driver seats were cheap as chips but no any more.
At the moment, Caddy seats are still fairly cheap - hence my looking at this option.
 Post Reply Post Reply