The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > T3 Tech help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

T3 front wheel wobble

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dropchip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: T3 front wheel wobble
    Posted: 22 Feb 17 at 22:40
Hi guys. Have a problem with steering wheel wobble on the motorway. At 70mph I had quite bad wheel wobble and it gets worse depending on the angle of the wheel. Like if going round a slight bend. It gets worse at speeds over 70mph.

So far I've had new tyres fitted. Wheel alignment done. New front shocks and springs. Still no improvement.

Any ideas what. I could check next? Was thinking bushes? Also pulls a tiny bit to the right not much but enough to notice
Tiggerandfish View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiggerandfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 17 at 08:28
70 mph !! Speeds I can only dream of in my LT ...

Wheel bearings - worn or need adjustment ?

I'm assuming a wheel not running true would have been picked up when you had the tyres done ?

Ball joints worn ?

These problems can be frustrating as it's often a case of ruling things out one by one and I've found it's the last one I do that solves the problem

Hope you get it sorted

Simon
Simon
1985 LT 28 2.4D
ob1 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

FOUND IT, IT WAS HIDING!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ob1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 17 at 12:37
Steering rack bushes?

I'd get the wheels rebalanced if everything else is good.
 Post Reply Post Reply