The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > The Brickyard > Show pictures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

LT35 tipper (ex refrigerator van)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: LT35 tipper (ex refrigerator van)
    Posted: 22 Feb 17 at 21:17
I need to know exactly what my engine is so I can get parts for it. This is the VIN: wv1zzz2dz2h005024 and engine number: 056M1007V. Do those mean anything to anyone here? It is a 2.3 litre petrol engine with Tickford gas conversion that might or might not work. The engine runs badly like the head gasket is blown and water plus steam comes out of the exhaust pipe and it uses water quite quickly. I put a bottle of engine sealer in the water but it's still bad. I have run it a few times to give the goo a chance to work but not driven it anywhere.Confused
Not the venus project
Buss Marius View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Buss Marius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 17 at 17:40
I think this has to be the LT2 (MB Sprinter) version. And the engine has to be the 4 syl. AGL Mercedes engine with 143 hp that was available between 1996 and 2001

The best is to ask in the LT section of the forum.
87 Karmann LT L 2,4D. 89 T3 Syncro Reimo 1,9TD. 2000 T4 Caravelle TDI
Robert View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 17 at 20:57
Thanks, Buss. I have started taking the engine apart.I need to remove the injector wiring to get the head off. Not sure how to do it. In fact I am sure I do not know.
Not the venus project
 Post Reply Post Reply