The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > South African T3s
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

overhaul parts needed

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marlinowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 17 at 14:00
The clutch parts are specific to the South African T3s, an Audi 240mm clutch with 24 splines will fit eg LUK 624083900 (Audi 200 2.1) but on the original clutch friction plate the centre boss is offset towards the gearbox - this means that the LUK kit (or other off the shelf clutches) will not fully engage on the input shaft splines.
I think many people use the Audi clutch kit with no problems, I had my original clutch refurbished but don't know if that route is open to you.
monkslayer View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monkslayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 17 at 14:05
Thank you marliinowner. Will have a look see if i can find the part number given. if not will go the audi route and see how that works out. If you and other have gone that route with minimal issues then i guess why not!;-)

I also have been checking for the rotor and distributor cap for it. The ones i see online seem a bit different. Do you have the part numbers for this too?

Cheers
MONK
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monkslayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 17 at 14:49
just to confirm...will the kit as it is work? i.e the clutch friction plate,pressure plate and even the release bearing?

*apologies for what may seem a silly question

Cheers.
MONK
marlinowner View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marlinowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 17 at 14:57
I'm using BERU VK385S, VW 034905207B, distributor cap, and Beru 0300900096 (rev limited) rotor arm as that was what was already fitted.
Original rotor arm is 052905225C which is used on loads of VWs.
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marlinowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 17 at 14:58
Clutch kit will work but friction plate will not fully engage with input shaft.
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monkslayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 17 at 15:02
cool..got it. I guess in a nutshell,from the LUK kit:

• The pressure plate in the kit will work just fine
  • the clutch plate/clutch friction plate will work somewhat but not fully engage
  • The release bearing will work

Cheers

MONK
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marlinowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 17 at 15:04
http://www.oemepc.com is a good source of part numbers, selecting ZA and typ2 1995, although 2.5 engine is not covered - most parts are the same as 1995 2.3/2.6 although not front brakes and rear driveshafts (i think).
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monkslayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 17 at 15:07
Cheers marlinowner. You have been quite helpful!Thank you for clearing the newbie questions!

Much appreciated.
MONK
mucho View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mucho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 17 at 09:40
Hi Monk, welcome aboard, nice to have a fellow Kenyan on these boards. If you are still on the hunt for the original clutch plate, the part number is 22S 141 031 A. Good luck.
2.6i Caravelle 1997 powered by Audi 5 Cylinder - Motronic
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monkslayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 17 at 09:57
Hey,

That's awesome news. Yes got the original part numbers. Now only to find them......any leads on the original clutch plate locally will be appreciated.

Cheers
MONK
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monkslayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 17 at 07:32
Hello guys,

Does anyone know the part number for the nozzle seals at the cylinder jead for engines that use the CIS injection system?

Can't seem to find them on oempc.com , since they show the catalog for the EFI engine.

Thank you in advnance.
MONK
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marlinowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 17 at 10:27
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monkslayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 17 at 10:34
Cheers
MONK
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12