The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > South African T3s
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

overhaul parts needed

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monkslayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: overhaul parts needed
    Posted: 04 Jan 17 at 15:53
Hey everyone,

I am a newbie both to the forum and the T3 world. I have a south African T3 vin number: AAVZZZ25ZMU002835. Engine number : AY002419. I can't seem to find any parts based on the details provided. Does anyone know the reference OEM numbers for the following parts:

Piston rings( 82.5,1.5,1.5,2)
Crankshaft main bearings
Cylinder head gasket

Thank you in advance.

cheers!

MONK
marlinowner View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marlinowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 17 at 18:27
Think pistons and rings are the same as golf 2.0 16v at 82.5mm bore and same stroke as South African 2.5 AAY engine?
Main bearings will (I presume) be the same as other Audi 5 cylinder engines eg Audi 100 2.2l.
Apparently head gasket is same as Audi 7a 2.3 20v

I am prepared to be corrected though, as I have never actually needed these parts...

Should add that I have a South African T3 with the AAY engine.

Edited by marlinowner - 04 Jan 17 at 18:30
Wychall View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wychall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 17 at 18:42
Try sending a PM to T3 NEV on this forum. I know that he has extensive experience in getting his hands oily in the AAY engine.

(I also have a 2.5 AAY SA T3)
South African 1991 2.5i 5cyl Microbus - virgin, not campered - piloted by Brian.
monkslayer View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monkslayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 17 at 04:55
Cheers guys. It is a 2.5i. Will PM neil and see his reaction. I'm welcome to many more ideas!
MONK
T3 Nev View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T3 Nev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 17 at 10:10
Happy New Year to you all.

Golf 16v rings won't do as top ring is 1.2mm instead of 1.5mm thickness needed. Will have a look see what I have. What size of bearings are you wanting? Audi 2.3 20v 7a cyl head gasket is the same as are the bearings.

Will be sadly breaking my 1992 2.5 AAY SA in the next few months so all parts will be available. Vehicle in Spain at the moment but will be bringing back to the UK as mot expires end July.
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monkslayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 17 at 11:00
Hey,

Nev is right . I checked the golf and they are 1.2 at the top which is too thin.My bearings are standard . Any idea where I can get the rings,cylinder head gasket and bearings ?
MONK
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marlinowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 17 at 16:28
Try part number 053198151B for the ring set and 054103383J for the head gasket.

Edited by marlinowner - 05 Jan 17 at 16:30
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monkslayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 17 at 16:50
Hey marlinowner,

Thanks for the feedback. Checked out the part numbers provided and seems i can only find them on ECS tuning. I did however do my own checks and found the following reference numbers:

Piston rings: 044198151
Cylinder Head gasket:023103383B
Crankshaft bearings: 034198491D

Could you confirm if these are relevant to the AAY engine? seems they are part numbers for the Eurovan with the same 2.5L engine.i found them on http://www.jimellisvwparts.com.

Anyone used this site to order parts?

Thank you in advance .

Cheers

Edited by monkslayer - 05 Jan 17 at 17:12
MONK
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marlinowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 17 at 17:31
Eurovan is US name for T4, 2.5 petrol engine is code AAF, it's not the same as the South African AAY. Bore is 81mm.
The part numbers I gave were from the South Afrcan T3 2.6 litre engine which replaced the AAY and is better documented. It has the same bore at 82.5mm, as does the 7a 20v 2.3 Audi engine.
See http://www.oemepc.com
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monkslayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 17 at 17:38
Does that mean that the piston rings, crankshaft main bearings and cylinder head gasket are the same as the 2.5 AAY? 
MONK
T3 Nev View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T3 Nev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 17 at 17:41
Originally posted by monkslayer monkslayer wrote:

Hey,

Nev is right . I checked the golf and they are 1.2 at the top which is too thin.My bearings are standard . Any idea where I can get the rings,cylinder head gasket and bearings ?

Try gsf using 7a engine code. As for rings, when do you need them as I have 2 sets back in the UK.
T3 Nev View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T3 Nev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 17 at 17:46
[QUOTE=monkslayer] Does that mean that the piston rings, crankshaft main bearings and cylinder head gasket are the same as the 2.5 AAY? 
[/QUOT

7a all the way except for the rings as they are different.
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monkslayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 17 at 17:48
As for the rings, I need them like yesterday. ;-)
MONK
T3 Nev View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T3 Nev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 17 at 17:59
[QUOTE=monkslayer] As for the rings, I need them like yesterday. ;-)
[/QUOT

Just seen that you are in Kenya. Best bet is to get the rings directly from VW South Africa.
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marlinowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 17 at 18:03
The ring part number I gave is specced at 82.5, 1.5, 1.5, 2.0 and is used on SA T3 2.3 and 2.6 as well as 7a, is it different to AAY?
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monkslayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 17 at 18:08
it is the same,let me check the links provided.

Edited by monkslayer - 05 Jan 17 at 18:09
MONK
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monkslayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 17 at 18:42
no worries Nev. I also have a UK address to ship to. I can check the part numbers provided and see what i can come with.
MONK
T3 Nev View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T3 Nev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 17 at 10:45
7a has a 1.75mm top or second ring if my memory serves me correct.
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marlinowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 17 at 12:06
http://oemwolf.com/oem-parts/053198151b.html

Suggests 053198151b is 82.5 1.5 1.5 2
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monkslayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 17 at 07:28
Hey guys...me and again. I am still overhauling the engine and managed to get parts from ECS tuning and buycarparts.co.uk. Still waiting for them to arrive and i hope they arrive as expected. I am assured they are from OEM suppliers therefore i expect many years of trouble free service once i am done!!

Another question, anyone with the part numbers for the pressure and clutch plate (pressure plate and clutch kit maybe)for this engine/microbus? Now that i am doing the overhaul , i may as well get all doubts out of the way.

Cheers.
MONK
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>