The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > Auto Jumble > For Sale
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Golf Fuel pump for GTi conversion

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Garyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Golf Fuel pump for GTi conversion
    Posted: 31 Aug 16 at 15:18
For sale:
used Golf GTi MkII fuel pump assembly suitable for GTi conversion in T3 bus/van.

In good condition and complete with brand new filter and steel mounting bracket and rubbers. The plastic housing is also in very good condition having been in use less than eight years. (The old ones get brittle and split around the pump retaining screws.)

This has done good service under my syncro campervan since I converted to GTi power but I decided to change to the syncro pump and filter layout when re-assembling after having the tank (and much else) out for refurbishment.

Comes complete with the electrical plug (for connecting to the pump) on a short length of loom.

£60 plus postage or collection from north Bucks.

thanks
Garyd
Garyd View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Garyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 16 at 17:35
bump
Garyd
Dropchip View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dropchip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 16 at 19:48
Hi mate. I've heard these go well with scooby conversion. Was thinking of changing my online pump to this set up. But it looks massive. Where did you have it mounted?

Also is it simple to set up because my set up is online currently looks like could be a ball ache to get running?
Garyd View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Garyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 16 at 18:21
Hi,
I had it mounted under the floor at the back of the sliding door - just ahead of the jacking point/C post outrigger. That was driven by my van being a syncro with the tank over the gearbox. If yours is 2wd, you might want to look further forward (behind B post outrigger?) or into the centre of the van floor. It is less deep than the sills are below the floor panel.

Electrics will be simple - just 12v and earth using the same source as you currently have. Fuel hoses are:- input from tank to swirl chamber,
outlet from pump to injection rail,
over-pressure return from injection rail to swirl chamber
Overflow return to fuel tank.

Hope this helps you to understand it.

Garyd
rowlesy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
murdered the murderwagen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rowlesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 16 at 20:28
fit it where gary says - you can route the fuel lines through the chassis rail to keep them protected. any petrol vw has a nice set of semi rigid pipes (ones blue ones black) so you havent got rubber pipes hanging and clips everywhere Thumbs Up mines been there for years!
UberFukz broke another!       sucky sucky five dollah!

always out numbered never out gunned!    RWS welding 07846 380 467 (worcs)
 Post Reply Post Reply