The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Section > LT1 chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Lt Florida

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mgee132 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lt Florida
    Posted: 18 Aug 16 at 21:04
Hi all,I'm hopefully picking up my first Lt on Friday ,having owned a T3 westie for 8 yrs . ,so just wanted to pop in and say hello before I nag the hell out of you all with questions .
Buss Marius View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Buss Marius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 16 at 21:31
Happy for you. I hope it is a Turbo Diesel!!!
87 Karmann LT L 2,4D. 89 T3 Syncro Reimo 1,9TD. 2000 T4 Caravelle TDI
Tiggerandfish View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiggerandfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 16 at 07:01
Welcome . Enjoy your new van - you will have loads of fun I'm sure
Simon
1985 LT 28 2.4D
mgee132 View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mgee132 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 16 at 11:36
Yeah it is the turbo diesel 1G engine 👍
Chappy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
Arriba! Yii-hah!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 16 at 22:26

Sweet! Top choice - give us a shout if you need any help
Back in the slow lane, yeah!
Buss Marius View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Buss Marius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 16 at 09:08
Is the 1G engine some kind of environment friendly engine? I don't really understand why they made this engine when they had the 102HP, and for some years 109hp DV engine.
Well, at least you have the right base to increase the output of the engine.
I have the 75hp DW engine, it sucks, specially as it has to move a very non-aerodynamic Karmann coachbuilt.  
87 Karmann LT L 2,4D. 89 T3 Syncro Reimo 1,9TD. 2000 T4 Caravelle TDI
mgee132 View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mgee132 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 16 at 11:09
I don't know about the environmentally friendly bit ,but your right in what you say ,why bring out the 1G
LTCamper89 View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LTCamper89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 16 at 15:32
Wider spread of torque by the looks of the data.
1989 LT28 2.4D    Saviour of 6Music, well one of them. Now playing http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/player/bbc_6music

VW LT Camper not Cramper

....at least the roof is not rusting away....
sid 63 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid 63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 16 at 18:17
Cracking choice of van 😆
slovenia the hidden jewel
mgee132 View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mgee132 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 16 at 18:52
Thanks ,I hope it is ,I'm coming from a T3 westfalia with good AAZ engine so it's got a lot to live upto
sid 63 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid 63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 16 at 19:29
I came up from the westy california and I've never looked back, I've just done 4412 km in mine a it ran a treat no worries about hills and cruising at 60/65 no problem where's as my old 1.6td was painful.
mgee132 View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mgee132 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 16 at 20:07
My old 1.6td was slow aswell ,that's why I put in a 1.9td AAZ.I'm looking forward to the extra space for the three of us ,not having to put the bed away to put the kettle on
sid 63 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid 63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 16 at 20:18
It's not just putting the bed away, it's the extra storage, hot water, shower / toilet cubicle and so on, but they are still a reasonable small van, pop on to volt Facebook page there's a lot of good folk on there too.
mgee132 View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mgee132 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 16 at 20:36
My Missus ,has joined the volt page (she does the Facebook thing )I'm still old school ,forums are about my limit .brick-yard was always a good source when I had my last van, some very knowledgable people

Edited by mgee132 - 22 Aug 16 at 20:36
sid 63 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid 63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 16 at 20:43
👍👍
Chappy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
Arriba! Yii-hah!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 16 at 00:01
Originally posted by LTCamper89 LTCamper89 wrote:

Wider spread of torque by the looks of the data.

Yep - I love mine! Could pull tree stumps out with it Big smile

With 205 tyres it's a nice blend of quick enough pick up but easy 65-70 mph cruising.

Cardigan to Carmarthen is all done in 4th from 15mph to 60 LOLLOL

sid 63 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid 63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 16 at 08:11
What wheel and tyre combo are you running chappy ? Cheers
Chappy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
Arriba! Yii-hah!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 16 at 00:23
Originally posted by sid 63 sid 63 wrote:

What wheel and tyre combo are you running chappy ? Cheers

205's on a 14 inch rim I seem to recall.  Had 185's when I had it (excellent turbo spool up, very little lag, but shite/noisy crusing), then went to 195's (better,) then finally 205's (slower turbo spool up, but it only goes 15 feet in 1st anyhow! - but cruising is lovely).

Can check tomorrow for sure though Thumbs Up

Seriously considering rebuilding the petrol box I've got then fitting that and 215's at some point.
Shorter 1st and 2nd gear should see the turbo spool up nicely, and 215's give even betterererer (quieter) top end (in theory).

sid 63 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid 63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 16 at 08:47
Cheers for that 👍
Chappy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
Arriba! Yii-hah!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 16 at 08:51

No problem - What have you got on yours Scott?

Edited by Chappy - 25 Aug 16 at 08:52
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>