The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > South African T3s
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Searching spare parts catalogue and service manual
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Searching spare parts catalogue and service manual

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GGHM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Searching spare parts catalogue and service manual
    Posted: 02 Jun 16 at 13:41
Hi!

Has somebody for the big window busses from 1991 to 1995 a spare parts catalogue? The spare parts programm ETKA starts at 1995 and the 2.5i AAY engine with the K-Jetronic is not included.
Is there a possibility to get such a catalogue as printed document, microfilm or PDF file?

And has somebody the "owners service manual" (the blue one which comes together with the car) for sale?

Best regards,
Gunther

Edited by GGHM - 02 Jun 16 at 13:42
1983 Caravelle special edition - one of the first WBX
1993 Caravelle 2.5i from South Africa
silverbullet View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie
Ingenieur

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silverbullet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 16 at 11:28
Hi Gunther,
As you have found the 2.5i is not listed in the ETKA system, it's as though VWSA never made them!

I understand that the cars were initially built by an independant VW tuner, then adopted by VWSA. How much of this is actually true I do not know...

If you ask the good people on the syncro-sa forum there may be more information available, that is how I got my 2.6i wiring diagrams via email.

Regards,

Ian

Edited by silverbullet - 08 Jun 16 at 11:28
Have I missed anything?
GGHM View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GGHM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 16 at 17:04
Dear Ian,

Nice that you are back.  :-)

Yes I already asked in the syncro sa forum and I tried to get informations when I was in Uitenhage in April. I think there must be a microfiche.
Till now it was no problem to get the parts but I like to be prepared with some more informations.  Wink

Best regards,
Gunther
marlinowner View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marlinowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 16 at 21:44
I've got an unused folder with handbook, service book etc for a 2.6 if you would like it (or anyone else), no money involved.
Yardie
Yardie
Ingenieur

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silverbullet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 16 at 17:54
I no-one else wants it then I'll bite. Mine got soaked along with all the documents while in a very wet Austria in 2014, shame cos it was pretty good Cry
Have I missed anything?
GGHM View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GGHM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 16 at 20:49
I hope I am not to late!  Cry
I realy like to have it marlinowner.

I askes first Ian.  Wink
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marlinowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 16 at 21:19
I already told Ian he could have it...
GGHM View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GGHM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 16 at 20:39
Big smile

Edited by GGHM - 23 Jun 16 at 06:45
Wychall View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wychall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 16 at 20:47
I'm not willing to part with my Owners Manual hardcopy, but I do have a pdf scan of it. The cost to you will be the share of any other 2.5 literature that you come up with. I assume that Charlie gave you a copy of the wiring diags. If not, shout up. I'll pm you a link to the owners manual.
South African 1991 2.5i 5cyl Microbus - virgin, not campered - piloted by Brian.
GGHM View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GGHM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 16 at 21:29
Thanks Brian!  Smile

Do you need the wiring diagram? I only have it as print document but I can scan it in my office.

Wychall View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wychall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 16 at 21:55
Thanks for the offer but I actually have the electronic version that your paper copy was printed from
Let me know if you want a link.
South African 1991 2.5i 5cyl Microbus - virgin, not campered - piloted by Brian.
Yardie
Yardie
Ingenieur

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silverbullet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 16 at 10:28
Gunther and I have exchanged gmail, whoever has the greater need. I have a full set of paperwork, I will pass on the rest to Gunther if its already on its way to me.
Have I missed anything?
Wychall View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wychall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 16 at 19:57
Is that a manual appertaining to the 2.5 Ian? Not sure what your "full set of paperwork" involves. If it is 2.5 info then I am definitely interested.
GGHM View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GGHM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 16 at 21:02
Thanks Ian  Smile
Yardie
Yardie
Ingenieur

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silverbullet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 16 at 13:37
Owners manual/service folder arrived safely. I didn't expect it to be new and unused!!!

It's far too good to go with our scruffy bus so I will forward it on to Gunther, who probably now has the most rust-free big window in Europe!
Have I missed anything?
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marlinowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 16 at 17:49
Sounds like a good plan, I was pleased when mine passed mot with no corrosion advisories but then I was changing wheels using OE jack and one corner was definitely iffy so hurriedly switched to trolley jack...
GGHM View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GGHM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 16 at 20:20
Thanks Ian!  Thumbs Up

This is a lot of work Steven, my bus had also a lot of rust problems near the jaching. But we replaced alle the parts complete at the frame do be sure that everything is stable for the future.
The last days I sprayed many liter of Owatrol insige the frame and later Fluid Film will follow. Now the rust has no chance!  Big smile     I hope....
ianlivy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ianlivy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 18 at 19:09
Gents,

I have also a 1991 VW T3 2.5I and am struggling to find relevant info for it.  I have recently had it surveyed and am adjusting for big restoration bill...lots of rust underneath.  How it ever got through the last few MOTs is beyond debut hey ho there is now at least a plan.  If possible I am trying to find info about the engine set up and how it should be configured or any wiring diagrams or drawings?  I would be happy to pay and any help would be hugely appreciated as my 7 year old loves her bus!  P.s. anyone know of a useful parts source?  (I know i will need a new manifold and possibly petrol tank.)  

Ian - dorset

Ian
Wychall View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Wychall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 18 at 20:19
You have a PM
ianlivy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ianlivy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 18 at 22:29
Thank you.  
Ian
 Post Reply Post Reply