The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > The Brickyard > The Brickie's Arms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

EU...in or out...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 26>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JILLY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 16 at 16:10
Yep, wrong thread. Sometimes I make mistakes, I voted Libdem once. LOL
1991 LT35e
2003 Beetle TDI (hers)
1991 Fiat Panda 750 Mania (for sale)
1985 T3 Devon pop top
2000 MGF
jason k View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
twinklerims

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jason k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 16 at 18:52
I deleted it, it was in my opinion a racist comment so it went. No place for that here. It also received more complaint notifications than anything I can remember for a year or more. Any problems drop me a pm. Cheers.
Bcs shallowest surf award winner 2006
camperjam 2011 chug and tug team member
aberdare. south wales
newest member of karmann korner
no longer the only moderator to manage to ban himself

Tim Hamnett View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim Hamnett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 16 at 22:02
I'm very much for free speech and a good argument but there are limits. I didn't read the deleted comments so can't judge. What I can say is I ditched this place for many years after it degenerated into a slanging match and some nasty extreme right, anti immigrant racist shite.
Its still very quiet on here, which is a shame because it was always far more amusing and less stiff than the other side.
please do skirt the edge of decency, swear your head off, poke fun at anything remotely pompous,ask serious questions about stuff in the world and ocasionaly include some van stuff but keep the downright nasty, hurtfull, divisive crap out of it.

Enough said.Smile
ob1 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

FOUND IT, IT WAS HIDING!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ob1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 16 at 07:55
Fair comment. Free speech above all. But yet so tricky when people have become so filled with absolute hate for other people who aren't the 'same' as them.

I actually blame the media and social media in a large part. Generally when people actually meet other people they tend to get on ok - as the larger part of being a person takes over - it's blind opinions when you're sat at your phone or screen cut off from reality which is so damaging.
danstervan View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danstervan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 16 at 20:05
This is all going spiffingly well isn't it.

BoJo for foreign secretary! Shocked Nuke

On a positive note sales in iodine tablets and fallout shelters might increase...

Oh, and Osborne out for Hammond.
Hammond was the man in his capacity as defence secretary said during the Scottish indref campaign that an independent Scotland would be defenceless against attacks from outer space...
Because clearly any alien civilisation that posses the advanced technology to voyage the vast distances of interstellar space is going to be deterred by a British submarine that can barely manage a successful orbit of the Isle of Skye. LOL

As someone said on twitter: The transformation of UK politics into a real-life Carry On film is almost complete.

Edited by danstervan - 13 Jul 16 at 21:38
Mike Noc View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Noc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 16 at 15:31
Yep it's a funny old world. Today's Daily Mirror front page looks more like one from Private Eye.

'The Big Slow' LT35 1989 normally aspirated Diesel Horsebox - Gone but not forgotten.
Drucifer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drucifer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 16 at 14:44
Well we have May, now Hammond and just need a Clarkson for everyone to be buggered!!

I think having BoJo as Foreign Minister will do this country fine, after all he will just say what everyone thinks about places.  Could been worse, they could have asked Prince Philip to do it.
Whoops there goes another engine...
JILLY View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JILLY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 16 at 02:20
Perfect. I guess you dont like Top Gear then? Or maybe you like the new version. I did watch it but wasnt impressed, and the ginger one has realised. Congratulations anyway, you have probably named 5 of my top 10 heroes in your post.
1991 LT35e
2003 Beetle TDI (hers)
1985 T3 Devon pop top
2000 MGF
JILLY View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JILLY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 16 at 02:22
Hero's
1991 LT35e
2003 Beetle TDI (hers)
1985 T3 Devon pop top
2000 MGF
BeJay View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeJay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 16 at 09:19

Smile Smile you were right first time JILLY, the plural of hero is heroes, (no apostrophe.) Wink 
NIL ILLIGITIMUS CARBORUNDUM
light View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote light Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 16 at 00:05
Originally posted by Mike Noc Mike Noc wrote:

True enough they do manipulate things, but I don't think this particular issue is a Tory thing. The official Government line was to remain, and Call Me Dave threw all his toys out of the pram and then the towel in when he lost, and couldn't even be bothered to follow the direction he was given.

If you want to put the blame in the political arena blame Corbyn - it was the old Labour heartlands that voted overwhelmingly out. He never appeared to get much above tepid in support of the Remainers, although to be fair that might have been more to do with his hatred of Cameron and the rest of the Tories, which is understandable.

I think Corbyn knew the heartlands would go that way ,the working class have been ignored and controlled for the last twenty years  ,they have no one fighting their corner ,i think the working  class have finally woken up to this ,you had Blail who was a Torie in a red tie now you have Corbyn and the tree hugging lefty loons on one side and Tories with red ties on the other 

There`s a hell of a lot of votes out there waiting for a party to represent them ,i can see the same thing happening in the Labour heartlands of  England and Wales ,,as happened to the Labour heartlands of Scotland (but obviously not the SNP) the question is Who or what party will it be ?
Tim Hamnett View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim Hamnett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 16 at 11:02
Where do you get the idea that Corbyn is a"tree hugging lefty loon".
To the left of Thatcher maybe.
It seems to me that to simply point out that thirty odd years of total free market economics hasn't realy worked for the large majority of the population, does not make you a lunatic. If it did the majority of serious economists and related acedemics are probably sat in their own shit playing with their food as we speak.
clift_d View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clift_d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 16 at 02:19

If you want to put the blame in the political arena blame Corbyn - it was the old Labour heartlands that voted overwhelmingly out. He never appeared to get much above tepid in support of the Remainers, although to be fair that might have been more to do with his hatred of Cameron and the rest of the Tories, which is understandable.

You can hardly say the referendum result was Corbyn's fault, even if we agree that he could have done more to make the case for remain.

It was Cameron who gambled on putting the promise of a referendum in his manifesto to placate the UKIP wing of his own party, and it was the Tories' austerity policies that created the conditions for the result. Also don't forget that a majority of Labour voters actually chose remain (60%) whereas only a minority of Conservative voters did so (42%).

Top to bottom this was a Tory made f**kup, the consequences of which are yet to be fully appreciated.

Edited by clift_d - 19 Jul 16 at 02:20
1988 1.6TD Westfalia Club Joker syncro
randolph57 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randolph57 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 16 at 06:36
Originally posted by clift_d clift_d wrote:

Also don't forget that a majority of Labour voters actually chose remain (60%) whereas only a minority of Conservative voters did so (42%).

I love it when these percentages are given -Total Bollocks IMO -just the 'London centric' people polled and they keep getting it wrong by applying their results to the whole country.
Certainly as a carrot crunching West Country 'lad' I have never been asked which way I voted for anything (but then again we don't matter down heeeere!   Wink )
clift_d View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clift_d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 16 at 07:52
Originally posted by randolph57 randolph57 wrote:

Also don't forget that a majority of Labour voters actually chose remain (60%) whereas only a minority of Conservative voters did so (42%).

I love it when these percentages are given -Total Bollocks IMO -just the 'London centric' people polled and they keep getting it wrong by applying their results to the whole country.
Certainly as a carrot crunching West Country 'lad' I have never been asked which way I voted for anything (but then again we don't matter down heeeere!   Wink )

I think maybe your opinion is bollocks because I doubt you've got any data to back it up. The only publicly published exit poll that I'm aware of was done by Lord Ashcroft's organisation and that's where the figures I quoted come from.

http://lordashcroftpolls.com/2016/06/how-the-united-kingdom-voted-and-why/

Edited by clift_d - 19 Jul 16 at 10:10
randolph57 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randolph57 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 16 at 14:41
Ok Dry your eyes princess! Didnt realise you had a monopoly on talking political garbage 😨
Mike Noc View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Noc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 16 at 09:25

You can hardly say the referendum result was Corbyn's fault, even if we agree that he could have done more to make the case for remain.

I'm not - I thought Jeremy did a wonderful job.  Clap

I voted out and as far as I am concerned the sooner we leave the better.
'The Big Slow' LT35 1989 normally aspirated Diesel Horsebox - Gone but not forgotten.
JILLY View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JILLY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 16 at 01:53
Originally posted by BeJay BeJay wrote:

Smile Smile you were right first time JILLY, the plural of hero is heroes, (no apostrophe.) Wink 

I changed it because it didnt look right. LOL  I'm on Firefox so I dont get automatic spelling check come up, I have to rely on my 1960's education innit. Shocked Not that I really care that much, I'm not gonna get my knuckles rapped with a foot long ruler anymore. As you can see I dont generally bother with apostrophes either. Only fairly recently learnt to use one finger of each hand with this typing mallarky. LOL I can do woodwork and metalwork though.........
1991 LT35e
2003 Beetle TDI (hers)
1985 T3 Devon pop top
2000 MGF
light View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote light Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 16 at 14:18

It was Cameron who gambled on putting the promise of a referendum in his manifesto to placate the UKIP wing of his own party, and it was the Tories' austerity policies that created the conditions for the result. Also don't forget that a majority of Labour voters actually chose remain (60%) whereas only a minority of Conservative voters did so (42%).

Top to bottom this was a Tory made f**kup, the consequences of which are yet to be fully appreciated.

The Tories just carried on with Gordon Browns fuck up ...which is Working Tax Credits this is what caused the situation that lead to the result ..over a decade of stagnant wages in nominal terms, at best, for most of the working class, in real terms this equates to a pay cut every year for the last decade or so 

There is nothing to drive wage growth in this country now for the working class 

Edited by light - 22 Jul 16 at 14:26
clift_d View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clift_d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 16 at 14:43
The problem with Working Tax credits was not the original intention of the policy, which tried to reduce working poverty, but that it gave employers a green light to keep wages low on the basis that government would be forced to pick up the tab.

Given the latest survey data which shows the economy starting to shrink I don't think we're likely to see much in the way of wage growth for the foreseeable future.

Leaving drinks this evening for the first round of brexit redundancies at work - nine people leaving (about 20% of the office) none of whom will be replaced. Cry

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 26>