Forum Home Forum Home > The Brickyard > The Brickie's Arms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

EU...in or out...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 26>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Silence is golden, gaffa tape is silver

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ELVIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 16 at 12:14
Originally posted by silverbullet silverbullet wrote:

The Yanks need us to stay in because keeping GB in the EU is their open door to Europe 

I was a stayer, but I am drifting toward leaving.

Yarp to that chap. Also strongest 'pro' staging post for them to Police/restore order/bomb anywhere in Europe/Western Asia/north africa, you get my driftLOL

I am still wanting qualified facts. We read hear shite in the papers/news/radio etc etc . One side will say it will cost us £1k/person/year by leaving the opposing side will say we gain £1k/person/year. 

Recession/strength of pound/import-export etc etc we all know the list.

I appreciate no one actually knows the figures as they can only be forecast. And again, one side will say the treasury forecasts are always incorrect and the Bank of England is usually more accurate.

Then all the above is regurgitated in pubs/forums/FB etc etc.

All a bag of shite IMHO.

No one actually knows, it just depends on how much one is persuaded/susceptible  by/to spin/supposition/lies/fear.

Might move to Poland after though, can live like a fucking King on my Pension over thereLOL 
Www.justgiving.com/ELVIS-SUMMERS

Alonline View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
VW Customer Service

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alonline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 16 at 00:12
Good on u Elivs.

You lucky basket weaver, us younger models on here will never get a pension.

We have seen section 75 take what was an excellent pension, defined benefits for me and my employees which was a 108% funded on a 1.6 billon fund to now with the new hair brained scheme from government and EU a 452 million short fall.

I am a sole trader and did the right thing years ago, private medical, paid leave, death in service, and a good pension scheme. Now if I live long enough to retire and the scheme falls short the pension regulator could knock my door looking 250k to top up the pot. Me and others this change in the law has rendered my business to sell as worthless.

We signed up to a common market, at no time were the voter given their ability to have there say on no borders, free travel, were our vat tariffs are imposed by Europe, there court triumphs ours, we have to fund a gravy train of unelected white collar thieves whose accounts have not been signed off by auditors for ten years?

I have no problem with the working time directive before I am accused as a true blue, I work with unions through the trade bodies I sit on. But when I see some of the absolute hair brained standards coming down, no consultation no means to affect a change.

From the Common Market there has been mission creep, just like war, first advisors, then training, then forward air spotters, then mentoring in the field before we send infantry, this is how the EU have been spreading like a cancer and there fear is if GB votes leave it might wake up other EU citizens to question what they pay for and what is happening. GB might derail the gravy train.

We watch Itlay, France, Spain, Germany all ignore decisions from the court with no sanctions but Britian is stupid enough to follow half baked reg?

The parliament itself consumes way too much money, it needs cut down to size, becomes accountable, balance the books and root out corruption and stop wandering back and forth across Europe increasing Global warming with the shit they talk and their travel.

The original objective was good but it has been perverted for the few.
randolph57 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randolph57 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 16 at 04:50
Couldn't have put it better- work for a Dutch company and the 'Locals' seem to have the same opinion of the EU and are privately envious of our voting chance. Hopefully it won't be f.....d up by the London centric lot.
timmythedog View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

westy fetishist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timmythedog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 16 at 08:17
i`m staying in as I heard  they will try to confiscate my VW`s. Confused 
Syncro doka td
T4 Multivan Generation, 151
89 Caravelle Exclusive 2.1
Caravelle GL AFN tdi
53 plate T4 Panel.888 special x factor.
88 DG Panel(uncut)
calypso Atlantic pop.
silverbullet View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie
Ingenieur

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silverbullet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 16 at 07:42
I was watching "The Last Leg" last night and Jeremy Corbyn spoke the most sense on the subject I have heard so far. No scaremongering, just reasoned thinking.
Yes he is an old skool lefty and I am not, but his argument for remaining deslite all of the EU's failings makes me think that we should do just that.

Change of direction based on "Any questions" just now:

*The EU is pro-TTIP and Camerons govt wont say no to the USA so we need to leave the EU and tell them to poke it.
So now I am a leaver*.

Edited by silverbullet - 11 Jun 16 at 13:30
Have I missed anything?
weegaz22 View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weegaz22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 16 at 09:08
Going by my "man in the street poll" (in other words asking everyone what they are voting) it seems upwards of 90% of folk i have asked have voted are are intending to vote to leave, haven't had to much of the "stay in" crowd.

My opinion is that the EU over the years has had some good things about it, its probably helped give us better workers rights and pay, just think back to the carry on films when people went on strike every 5 mins, in saying that its also had some right clusterf*cks of laws/decisions/over regulation put through to go along with it.

Being in the EU kinda gives England a taste of what its like to be Scottish, getting dumb politicians and laws you never voted for, now you know why we tried to leave..
nicq View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 16 at 13:36
I thinkk a lot of the good things put down to the EU would have happened anyway, workers rights etc.
It's the way the world is developing, look at the poorer Countries even they are progressing, India some of the African Countries etc.
The EU did have good points but it's getting to big for its boots.
T3Panel View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T3Panel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 16 at 13:50
Originally posted by nicq nicq wrote:

I thinkk a lot of the good things put down to the EU would have happened anyway, workers rights etc.
It's the way the world is developing, look at the poorer Countries even they are progressing, India some of the African Countries etc.
The EU did have good points but it's getting to big for its boots.

Have you not seen anything that our lovely Tory government does for us? We still have plenty of people that live like this is a third world country, who struggle to feed their families. That's down to the people we vote into power, not the EU.
1987 T3 Panel 2.0 T3i!
1990 T3 Atlantic
1.8T Conversion sat on an engine stand waiting for spare time.
nicq View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 16 at 14:03
Originally posted by ob1 ob1 wrote:

WHS ^^^ I'm sure the EU has massive flaws and is far from perfect.

But I don't fancy being left in the hands of the Brexot politicians if we leave without the EU policies to protect us from whatever evil schemes they'd come up with left to their own devices.

I didn't realise we could vote in Brexot politicians, have I missed out.
T3Panel View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T3Panel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 16 at 14:09
If the out crowd win, Cameron will be pushed to resign, and Boris will be looking to take over, or did you think he actually gives a shit about 'us' and he's not looking to further his career?
1987 T3 Panel 2.0 T3i!
1990 T3 Atlantic
nicq View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 16 at 14:15
Originally posted by T3Panel T3Panel wrote:

If the out crowd win, Cameron will be pushed to resign, and Boris will be looking to take over, or did you think he actually gives a shit about 'us' and he's not looking to further his career?

Has Cameron given a shit about you , because I am f...ed if he has about me.
T3Panel View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T3Panel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 16 at 14:18
That wasn't an endorsement for Cameron, see my previous post about the Tory's and current state of this country.
1987 T3 Panel 2.0 T3i!
1990 T3 Atlantic
nicq View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 16 at 14:25
This is about in or out the fact that the Torys were voted in is another issue, somebody voted them in.
I do not like the idea of the united states of the EU with the strongest member being Merkels bunch.
T3Panel View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T3Panel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 16 at 14:31
But unfortunately the majority of people can't seperate the two. Most of the arguments going around for the out vote are nothing to do with Europe, and all down to this countries governments, past and present.
1987 T3 Panel 2.0 T3i!
1990 T3 Atlantic
T3Panel View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T3Panel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 16 at 14:33
Originally posted by nicq nicq wrote:

I do not like the idea of the united states of the EU with the strongest member being Merkels bunch.

Equally, would you rather be on the inside in such a scenario, or on the outside. If we are outside they can do what they like, and there is nothing we can do about it.
1987 T3 Panel 2.0 T3i!
1990 T3 Atlantic
nicq View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 16 at 14:40
The majority of politicians want in, they are feathering their nest.
As I see it do you want to be told how to run your country by Brussels or do you want to take control.
I believe there will be pain before pleasure and in the short term we will suffer but I believe it will be worth it.
Vote. Out
T3Panel View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T3Panel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 16 at 14:52
Politicians have been feathering their nests since they were invented, and will continue to do so at our expense whatever happens. I want to be part of a global community, not pull up the drawbridge and pretend the problems on the rest of the planet which we are just as responsible for as anyone else don't exist.
I'm already feeling the pain, as thanks to this little referendum the housing market has ground to a halt, and with a baby on the way, we are stuck where we are. I'll be voting in.
1987 T3 Panel 2.0 T3i!
1990 T3 Atlantic
nicq View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 16 at 15:01
Originally posted by T3Panel T3Panel wrote:

Politicians have been feathering their nests since they were invented, and will continue to do so at our expense whatever happens. I want to be part of a global community, not pull up the drawbridge and pretend the problems on the rest of the planet which we are just as responsible for as anyone else don't exist.
I'm already feeling the pain, as thanks to this little referendum the housing market has ground to a halt, and with a baby on the way, we are stuck where we are. I'll be voting in.

I want to be part of a global community. Not just a Europeane.
Think bigger not smaller.
Alonline View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
VW Customer Service

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alonline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 16 at 17:03
All politicians want to be in the EU, when they feck it up they blame the EU!

Best scape goat ever.
nicq View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 16 at 17:35
Originally posted by Alonline Alonline wrote:

All politicians want to be in the EU, when they feck it up they blame the EU!

Best scape goat ever.

And we need a lot more of them.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 26>