The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > Syncro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rusty front subframe

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote syncrowak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rusty front subframe
    Posted: 09 Mar 16 at 23:27
Hi all, I'm posting this in case anyone is needing a front subframe for a syncro.
It needs repair but just suffering from a rusting cross tube - no crunches or dents.
It's going free to anyone who wants to pick it up and it may be useful to someone who's got access to doing their own welding/metalwork repairs. It's got surface rust and the main circular rear cross tube needs replacing - the rest of it appears solid. It failed it's MOT and I managed to find a rare one in good nick for £150 from a breakers to replace it. The MOT garage was going to cut n splice a new cross bar in for a load of money so I thought if anyone can do it for themselves - they're welcome to have it.

Syncro owners say: "Eat My Snow"
Tim Hamnett View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim Hamnett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 16 at 10:38
Hi,
Did you ever pass this on?
If not I'd be interested for a future project, and a bit of welding is no problem to me.
I only just realised that Mottram is quite near to us. For some reason I thought it was darn sarf.
Tim.

syncrowak View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote syncrowak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 16 at 11:16
Hi Tim, I still have it by my shed - you're welcome to it if you reckon you'l get some use from it.
I'm in Mottram at end end of M67, and home all week due to knee surgery if you want to pick it up.
You can call me on 07776 207101 if you want to arrange collection. Cheers, Steve.

Syncro owners say: "Eat My Snow"
 Post Reply Post Reply