The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T5 Section > T5 Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

T5 side light not working

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chippy1970 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: T5 side light not working
    Posted: 09 Mar 16 at 14:08
Hi All just got back from an MOT and it has failed on the nearside side light not working.

Ive checked the fuse box and 21 is ok , ive put a new bulb in which i know is ok and both rear tail lights and the drivers side light are working.

Ive tested the socket and theres continuity to earth and the other wire is showing around 5v. I tested the working side and its showing 12v so any ideas what could be up with it ??

Chris
2009 swb Off road grey T28 red i
gregozedobe View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gregozedobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 16 at 06:48
Bad connection at some plug ?  Possibly corrosion or maybe a partially severed/broken wire somewhere in the loom ?  
BeJay View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeJay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 16 at 08:45

If you need to get it through the MOT quickly and the problem isn't obvious, just run a feed across from the good side as a temp fix till you can sort it.
NIL ILLIGITIMUS CARBORUNDUM
chippy1970 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chippy1970 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 16 at 14:52
Yeah I did that to get it through. Just need to do a bit of searching to find the problem.

The only thing I have done was add another interior light to the rear. I soldered and heat shrunk everything so I can see that being the problem. That was over a year ago too.
2009 swb Off road grey T28 red i
 Post Reply Post Reply