The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > T3 Tech help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What's this gasket called?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rockthebus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What's this gasket called?
    Posted: 07 Feb 16 at 20:13
Hi Guys
So its a 1990 2.1 WBX
Coming from the water pump, down towards the rear, is a metal pipe, which goes behind the belt pulley.  This then goes to rubber and then joins a plastic junction, which in turn is fastened to the block using 2 13mm fasteners.  There is a rubber gasket (may be an o ring when new) which is fitted between the plastic junction and the block.  It is not just a plain circle though.  Where the studs poke through, the rubber is indented.  Hope that makes sense.

I've looked on Brickwerks, but can't see it.

Any links anyone?

Thanks

GavB95 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GavB95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 16 at 10:01
Have a look on Partsbase and you should be able to find the part number:

Bluestar T3 running AAZ/flipped box
Horse View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Horse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 16 at 13:14
Is this the one?
https://www.brickwerks.co.uk/gasket-t3-petrol-water-pipe-to-right-hand-head.html
rockthebus View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rockthebus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 16 at 22:17
Thanks chaps
It turns out that the plastic housing has been superseded with steel. So stainless pipe ordered and new gasket.
Hope this is the last of the leaks. I fix one and another appears!

Horse View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Horse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 16 at 06:32
Had to do the same job myself, not long ago, I ended up changing a lot more than just that small pipe as well.

pistonbrokedubs View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pistonbrokedubs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 16 at 20:02
I had that on my 1.9 dg,one hose would go after the other,ended up putting 2 new heads on it from jk,as new now no more bursting hoses or water problems ,regards bryan essex
t3 it,s all part of the journey ,
 Post Reply Post Reply