The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > T3 Tech help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sliding Door Adjustment?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
kombi bohemia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kombi bohemia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sliding Door Adjustment?
    Posted: 19 Dec 15 at 01:21
I have a 1986 VW T3 Syncro but the entire time i have owned van the sliding door has been badly lined up. Previous owner fitted new sliding door but left off the metal door catch as it would strike the metal hook on the piller and stopping it closing. The door has some bad gaps all-round and sits about 5mm-10mm proud of the rest of the body in places.

i have tried:
1. Adjusting the bottom runner all the way in but then the bottom of door jams itself on the corner of the floor that covers sliding mechanism. found i can only adjust the lower runner exactly dead in the middle of its adjustment. 
2. Adjusted the metal pin latch that the lock clicks onto which made a big difference to the rear door gap, really brought it in flush so its just the front thats sticking out proud. 
3. not sure how to adjust middle hinge 
4. adjusted top roller no problem but didn't make much difference 

Other Notes:
1. Is there a chance that the previous owner has fitted an early sliding door to my late T3 or are the doors pretty much interchangeable? 
2. what is point of that metal hook and clasp on the front of door as it still locks and cant be opened unless unlocked? is it perhaps a security feature incase someone tries to crowbar it open from the front? 
3. Is there perhaps a procedure to follow when adjusting these doors?

Sorry for my long winded post, any wisdom you can share would be greatly appreciated :) 
Thanx  in advance 
Dare To Be Something Different In Life
Happy Travels
 Post Reply Post Reply