The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > Auto Jumble > For Sale
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1990 1.6TD JX Panel van (with camper interior)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonBurns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1990 1.6TD JX Panel van (with camper interior)
    Posted: 10 Nov 15 at 22:19

With an expanding family I'm regrettably selling my panel van/camper.

Ex-Vaillant Gas servicing van I've owned since Jan 2012 purchased from a friend with less than 500 miles on a reconditioned engine (1.6TD JX). Since taking ownership I've lowered it using brickwerks supplied -70mm AVO springs and Bilsten shocks which improved the handling & comfort no end. I have also insulated, carpet lined and added a full width bed and LED lights running from a leisure setup (split charger).

It was initially bought for my wife and I to use when we went mountain biking with the option to camp out. Since then we had our 1st child and I again modified it slightly to enable us to go camping and to have some great family days out.

I'm sticking with T3s but looking for something with windows, rear belts & roof space. I've thought about cutting into the van but I just can't justify it and losing its authentic commercial coolness.

Pros
-70mm AVO Spring and Bilsten Shocks
12v volt leisure setup
LED lights in the rear
Some panel sound deadening
Foil/bubble wrap insulation
Ply Lined & Carpeted
Full width Rock n Roll Bed (with raise engine platform) and cushions
Starter motor replaced early 2014
New Brake lines throughout early 2015
New exhaust September 2015
Replaced fuel lines in engine bay and added a bulb pump
Top bulk head removed but included in sale
Driving lights and Fog lights
Upgraded headlights to 'E' marked units (see forum thread)
Reverse camera
Standard steel wheels with hubcaps

Cons
Seam rash - needs to be sorted in usual areas.

Just a really versatile van for a couple or family of 3 (if you get a cabin bunk), traveled from Cheshire to Dorset for a weeks camping and recently a week in the Lakes and it's been great. Will be genuinely sorry to see it go. As I'm getting another T3 I've removed the Dubflectors, Cab bunk, table, party lights (yeah I know) and Porsche Teledials which you may see in some photos.

£3500

PM me if interested and I can give you more details answer questions etc. I'm based in Cheshire and usually post in 80-90.

Post Reply Post Reply