The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > T3 Tech help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1.9 WBX oil pressure switch.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1.9 WBX oil pressure switch.
    Posted: 13 Jul 15 at 14:02
I have an 1986 Panel van with a 1.9 DG replacement engine.

When I turn the ignition on I don't get a red oil pressure light.

had a look on Brickwerks and there are at least 3 different colour switches and a google reveals that some have one switch and others have 2.

Can anyone tell me where the switches are and what they do and what should be where?

and how I could test them (touch wire to body?) would be nice.

Cheers.

Nic.
http://www.fosterandday.co.uk
BUBBLE MEISTER View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BUBBLE MEISTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 15 at 15:16
I assume you haven't got the 'buzzer of Doom' and therefore only one pressure switch. The switch is on the left hand side face between the middle two push rod tubes. (You may have to remove the tin wear to access it).

When the engine isn't running the switch should be closed allowing power to pass through the switch and earthing through the engine block hence the oil pressure light comes on. When the engine is running and there's sufficient pressure the switch breaks and the light goes out.
You can test this by doing a continuity test. With the engine off there should be no resistance between the switch's spade connection and the engine block (closed circuit). With the engine running there should be high resistance (open circuit).

The switch is a 0.3 bar and is the blue one from brickwerks.
I have BUBBLE the '85B 1.9DF (currently a DG!) WBX Camper. 29 Yrs Young. Tis Tracie's V Bubble U.
nic View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 15 at 15:41
sweet - spot on, very helpful thanks. Therefore I can also bypass the switch and tap the lead to ground to test the wiring and the bulb.

just what I wanted to know :-)

just to be cautious if I do have the buzzer of doom and a second switch where would it be located?
http://www.fosterandday.co.uk
 Post Reply Post Reply