Forum Home Forum Home > The Brickyard > The Bus Park
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

v6 microbus

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Vanorak
Vanorak
murdered the murderwagen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rowlesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 15 at 21:50
everything fits! Thumbs Up
UberFukz broke another!       sucky sucky five dollah!

always out numbered never out gunned!    RWS welding 07846 380 467 (worcs)
rowlesy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
murdered the murderwagen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rowlesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 15 at 20:04
donor arrived this afternoon - not without its hassles tho........ ill fetch a pic up tomorrow for you all

jason k View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
twinklerims

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jason k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 15 at 20:48
Bcs shallowest surf award winner 2006
camperjam 2011 chug and tug team member
aberdare. south wales
newest member of karmann korner
no longer the only moderator to manage to ban himself

mrhutch View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
the ginger princess

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrhutch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 15 at 21:33
if you need owt, I've got one breaking..  2.8 thou.
T3 1981 Westy Vanagon - thinks lubricant is a fuel
rowlesy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
murdered the murderwagen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rowlesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 15 at 20:19
well here it is...

only a 2.4 but v6 none the less and incredibly cheap!apparantly bullet-proof engines? soon find out. sounds meaty as standard so shorter pipes could be entertaining! 92k with service - syncromesh has gone but still driveable and its quick as! a 2.8 or a bi-turbo must eat tyres! the wheels have t4 all over them and as the car has been well looked after im hoping to break it and get my money back thru parts and then sell the dg when that comes out.... adaptors and a cradle is the order of the day and see whats what when it gets pulled apart

rowlesy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
murdered the murderwagen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rowlesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 15 at 18:53
well im not so sure on the adaptor route now........ engines out and theres one little thing i didnt think of! this takes a signal off the flywheel for (what i can only think of) the ignition firing and tdc? so how i could add that to the dg flywheel is beyond my atm!

pics we need pics dont we!

engines out anyway fuck me theres some stuff attached to it!

view from the rear (ooh-err!)

and the a4 looking sorry for itself!

off to go scratch my head for a bit!

rowlesy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
murdered the murderwagen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rowlesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 15 at 20:12
thinking of machining the a4 flywheel to suit the dg clutch so i can keep the a4 starter and pick-up cut outs.......we'll see!

rowlesy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
murdered the murderwagen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rowlesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 15 at 16:32
well brother elvis has made me see the light! was looking for an s/a bellhousing to make life simple but there a fair bit of cash! it would of pushed the donor up to a grand and thats hard to justify! so i think i may of come up with a solution....im willing to try anyway! ive cut the end of the gearbox off and thats going to be faced next week (after an a4 sheet of measurments) im now on the lookout again for a petrol/diesel bellhousing to mate it to. just need another (probably) a4 sheet of paper with measurments of my bus box now........

next idea is to have an input shaft made up to suit the bus box and the audi clutch plate or failing that happening (cost and logistics i'll speak to my machining guy tomorrow) i could go down the route of v6 outer clutch plate and tdi inner to suit the splines..... just ideas again at the moment until we see how feasible it all will be

ELVIS View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Silence is golden, gaffa tape is silver

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ELVIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 15 at 22:28
So you want me to sort out a petrol bell housing AND measure total depth of SA bell housing from face to face?
Www.justgiving.com/ELVIS-SUMMERS

mrhutch View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
the ginger princess

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrhutch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 15 at 22:40
just the total length of SA bellhousing for me chapSmile
booted View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote booted Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 15 at 11:46
I think i have a petrol bellhousing. .
Let me know if you want me to dig it out
fatboy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
judge judy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 15 at 12:58
Originally posted by mrhutch mrhutch wrote:

just the total length of SA bellhousing for me chapSmile

What the fucking fuck do you want bell housing dims for? Ffs
'83 T3 westy - biguns got it
68 buggy again!- Roger the cat is going to finish it
Syncro, previously known as the scoobyvelle

Shit I need to sell some MORE cars!
mrhutch View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
the ginger princess

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrhutch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 15 at 13:04
theres a spare v6 2.8 kicking about in the "Museum of engines I will never fit"
fatboy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
judge judy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 15 at 13:59
I knew the answer before I asked! The v6 that didn't work in the car it was fitted to? Beyond all help

fatboy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
judge judy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 15 at 14:18
Step away from the engine conversion and lie down on the floor with your hands behind your back. Leave it to rowlsey

ELVIS View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Silence is golden, gaffa tape is silver

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ELVIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 15 at 17:54
Scotty , he's got to not fit the Volvo engine first before he doesn't fit the audi!
Www.justgiving.com/ELVIS-SUMMERS

rowlesy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
murdered the murderwagen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rowlesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 15 at 19:03
LOL

all dimensions greatly received!

i recon i would need overall s/a bell housing height and engine/box face to thrust bearing lever (whatever its called?)

the audi pressure plate is compressed 5mm with the stock box on it so i was going to do the same on the bus box - it would be nice to see how much throw the slave produces standard? i might rig it up again on the audi to see?

if you have a petrol bell housing i'd appreciate it (elvis booted or anyone!) it would be cut up tho!

audi box end has gone of to be machined at 70mm theres one dimention im sure of!LOL

gusbang View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gusbang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 15 at 21:02
Originally posted by ELVIS ELVIS wrote:

Scotty , he's got to not fit the Volvo engine first before he doesn't fit the audi!

T3 Doka 2.1MV
rowlesy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
murdered the murderwagen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rowlesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 15 at 17:59
small update....

after waiting for the bell housing to be re-faced and not getting it done on time i had it back and did it my self! then i cut the t3 petrol bell housing and faced that myself too! so today i stripped a loaned box of fatboy (cheers chap i'll get some new gaskets and scoop the oil off the floor! be good as when you gave it me!!) and sleeved the input shaft to stop any slack and bolted down my bell to it.

then just sat the audi end on to see how mich filling i have to do......

few gaps to fill and a bolt hole that needs clearing but i think i'm good to go get it welded.......i'll have another proper measure over the weekend and trim some fins off the audi end and take out the starter aperture off the bus box to try to make the fit up idiot proof for when it goes out to be welded. i'll be pissed if this gets screwed up! LOL cost so far £22.................and a fair bit of time pondering!

fatboy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
judge judy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 15 at 20:38
S'alright chap I can see subarugears in my future anyway😀. That looks like it'll come together alreet, just got to make sure your alignment is cock on before it gets hit with the welder. Don't forget to give me your friction plate to see if I can get that sorted.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>