The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > Useful threads.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

temperature gauge

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Merlin View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Merlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: temperature gauge
    Posted: 23 May 15 at 17:32
Need more information, what engine? How many points do the sender has and is there more than one?

My van (2.6i SA with ADV engine) has one sender unit on top of the which has four points -- two for the gauge, and two for the ECU and it also has one unit on the bottom. The unit is fitted on plastic that's why it uses two wires per system. (two earth wires)

Photo would be nice.
monstrosix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monstrosix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 15 at 11:31
new sender fitted with no success!
However, just where the wires come out of the loom to join the sender, there are two loose wires that look like they should join the switch fitted behind (the front end) of the thermostat. When these two loose wires are `shorted` together the temp needle on the gauge rises to the max. When they are joined to the two loose wires afore mentioned, no change. The gauge at the front of the thermostat is therefore not connected to anything!
New to the forum, love the van but before tackling a coolant change or indeed driving any distance, I obviously need a temperature gauge.
thanks to any who take the time to reply with any help or advice.
 Post Reply Post Reply