The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > T3 Wheel help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Granada RS 7 spoke Alloys on T3

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyinghitop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Granada RS 7 spoke Alloys on T3
    Posted: 18 Jan 15 at 20:55
HI Everyone. Been a lurker for a few years but now could do with a bit of advice.  I know Granada Alloys will fit but can they take the weight of a T3 bearing in mind a Granada is only just over a ton in weight. Thanks a lot

Edited by flyinghitop - 18 Jan 15 at 20:57
Bromy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bromy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 15 at 23:08
Yurp, if there genuine wheels they would have been over engineered anyway. ive seen fake shit made from cheese bolted to these vans....... Thats ofcourse my opinion and someone will probably disagree  
"follow the masses, do the opposite"
mrhutch View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
the ginger princess

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrhutch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 15 at 20:30
I've got some for sale!

#justsaying
T3 1981 Westy Vanagon - thinks lubricant is a fuel
Evsi View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Evsi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 15 at 21:29
Had Ford Granada Cossie wheels on my T3 for 5 years with no buckles/cracks/issues if that helps mate.
It's not rust, they're heat blisters....
flyinghitop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyinghitop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 15 at 18:31
Thanks for the advice. I've bought them but unfortunately they didn't have the centres which I'll now have to hunt down.  The JBW wheels I had on when I bought it aren't strong enough, one of them went out of shape on a pot hole.
Evsi View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Evsi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 15 at 21:20

I doubt the original center caps will fit without using spacers?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyinghitop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 15 at 23:06
I didn't know that, I thought they'd just push on. I'm beginning to think that I might as well have bought more expensive wheels once the cost of spacers and centre caps are added.  Does anyone know what size spacers I'll need?

Edited by flyinghitop - 21 Jan 15 at 23:07
Bromy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bromy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 15 at 23:21
Spacers depend on your offset then you need to consider stud length to compensate 
"follow the masses, do the opposite"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyinghitop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 15 at 09:46
I've emailed the seller.  Looking online it seems the offset is 40 so the caps might just fit
JMAC View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JMAC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 15 at 19:59
I've got Granada cosworth wheels for mine, test fitted the other day and went on no problem with no spacers. Think I'll need wheel nuts with a bigger head but apart from that no issues. Can't wait to get the centres painted black and rim polished
Evsi View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evsi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 15 at 20:49
Will the caps go over the rear hub nuts? Mine don't :( 
JMAC View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JMAC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 15 at 20:51
No just painted the centre black
Evsi View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evsi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 15 at 20:54
Oh right. I've done the same and i really like the look of them on the old bus Thumbs Up
JMAC View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JMAC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 15 at 21:15
Have you painted the wheels black and did you change the wheel nuts?
Evsi View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evsi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 15 at 21:18
Mine are black with polished rim and yep, longer bolts/studs.
JMAC View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JMAC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 15 at 21:41
U got any pics?
Evsi View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evsi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 15 at 22:41

I have, but can't get them on here off my phone :(

JMAC View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JMAC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 15 at 23:24
Can you email them? I'll pm you
 Post Reply Post Reply