FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cheap 12V Diesel night heater

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
GavB95 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GavB95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cheap 12V Diesel night heater
    Posted: 05 Sep 14 at 12:09
Cheers, I had thought along the same lines on the spares, they do offer a spares package but that in itself doesn't inspire confidence in the quality.

Guy told me about it yesterday and his mate has shipped them in 10 at a time and is selling them on through the club. He's selling them at £480 which to me sounds expensive. i fished about online and found them direct at £300 which is more like it, still a lot of money mind. 

Here's a vid of one in use...

I'll have a look about and see what there is available used. I always think something's up with a used one it if it's been removed though. Confused

Edited by GavB95 - 05 Sep 14 at 12:10
Bluestar T3 running AAZ/flipped box
Scimdiesel View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scimdiesel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 14 at 11:41
Great until you need a spare part and it becomes scrap.   Could be a short turn saving and long term cost.   If you shop about you can get a good webasto new better prices.   I bought off eBay, one of the listings from a supplier had a best offer, so I took a punt and got it. Forgot the numbers but the name was bowers.   
Without engineers science is just philosophy..... Joined the revolution with a 18 year old TDI :
nick1973 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie
click, click, BUY!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nick1973 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 14 at 11:19
GAV IF ITS ON ALIEXPRESS BE CARFUL IVE BOUGHT AND SOLD LOTS OFTHINGS OFF THERE AND THEY ARE VERY HIT AND MISS WITH THE QUAILTY AND IF ITS KNACKED YOU CAN'T HAVE A REFUND TIL YOU SEND IT BACK TO CHINA AND THE COSTS A FORTUNE
SAYING THAT IF IT WORKS OK ITS A BARGIN
GavB95 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GavB95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 14 at 10:32
Got chatting to a guy at work who drives a Land Rover Camper and he told me about a Webasto copy that a few of his mates have used with success. It looks just like a Webasto Air Top 2000 (cheapest I could find below):

The copy comes in at just over £330 with the ducting, T piece and mounting plate etc added. It's identical in spec to the Webasto and there are suggestions that it's built at the same factory but I doubt it.

There's a few places retailing them over here for around £500 so it could be a bit of a bargain. Or is it better to go for a used Eber/Webasto? 

Worth a punt or a waste of money? 
Bluestar T3 running AAZ/flipped box
 Post Reply Post Reply