The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Section > LT1 chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Good Garages

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LTCamper89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 14 at 20:47
Originally posted by AndyT AndyT wrote:

P.S. Now a stickySmile

....oh no it's not...Wink
1989 LT28 2.4D    Saviour of 6Music, well one of them. Now playing http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/player/bbc_6music

VW LT Camper not Cramper

....at least the roof is not rusting away....
AndyT View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndyT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 14 at 23:49
Pass on that, made it a sticky again.
LT28 1979 2.0 Pampas Nevada Camper LPG 93K, 1980 T3 A/C Camper 98K,1994 RRC 3.9 LPG 120k , 1998 Audi A6 Est 2.5 V6 diesel 127k

BeJay View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeJay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 14 at 09:44
Originally posted by LTCamper89 LTCamper89 wrote:

...and as a little giggle ?What's here? 44.404477,4.129974 

Les Vans, southern France, what do I win?? Big smile LOL LOL
NIL ILLIGITIMUS CARBORUNDUM
LTCamper89 View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LTCamper89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 14 at 18:24
A free pass to the first Late Summer Meet in Les Vans.Ermm

1989 LT28 2.4D    Saviour of 6Music, well one of them. Now playing http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/player/bbc_6music

VW LT Camper not Cramper

Sablepoot View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sablepoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 14 at 11:25
The list of LT mechanics/garages is not very long, I must be the only one that is unable to do mechanical work on my LT
At least our breakdown cover will bring us home
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LTCamper89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 14 at 13:24
Originally posted by Sablepoot Sablepoot wrote:

The list of LT mechanics/garages is not very long, I must be the only one that is unable to do mechanical work on my LT
At least our breakdown cover will bring us home

I am sure you will gain experience as you go.....or not.Wink All my experience is on bikes and sidecars, so hardly transferable skills. LTs are simple, like us, it just looks daunting when we all gather in one place to tell eachother what went wrong today.

A lot of us may be able to do the work at home, but we cannot take 3ton trolley jacks and ramps etc etc with us on our holidays, so knowing where we can get 'those' jobs done by knowledgeable spanner types is certainly worthwhile. It is far preferable than being taken home and losing your days off. Been thereCry

Keep the faith.Thumbs Up

VW LT Camper not Cramper

Sablepoot View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sablepoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 14 at 21:59
Oh I do agree with you; I am learning the basics slowly.. Mainly through reading what is written on this great forum ;0)
I haven't been scared of tackling interior or bodywork but with the engine I admit I'm a bit wary of making a bodge so rely on mechanics. What i meant was that there are only 3 garages/mechanics on the map so far, which doesn't cover a huge amount of the UK, so though I'd hate to lose days away I'd rather someone I trust at home fix my beloved Ethel than a garage the breakdown company will take me to that will rip me off no doubt
colin gong View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote colin gong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 14 at 21:46

FOR THE SOUTH OF ENGLAND 

After a few years of getting mechanics to work on our 1988 LT55 (2.4TD), without ever finding one who we felt knew the vehicle as well as we would have liked, we have finally found a mechanic who knows every nut and bolt on there ...
    He has had a couple of LT's for years as his breakdown recovery vehicles so he really knows them inside out, , and he absolutely loves them....      ... he even entertains us by refering to our LT Motorhome by the name of 'Goldie'  like we do, and he totally understands how precious she is to us...

His garage is on an industrial estate on the edge of 

POOLE in DORSET

His name is ANDY - mobile  07749 207399...   
      Address is:    26 Kennington Road, Nuffield Industrial Estate, Poole, BH17 0GF

I am sure he does call outs / recoveries anywhere across the south of the country....

Edited by colin gong - 31 Aug 14 at 09:35
timaldiss View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timaldiss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 14 at 21:13
Nice one Colin
-------
I have a history of VW LT camper van addiction: http://campervanman.co.uk
Dutchchap View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dutchchap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 14 at 18:11
Indeed Colin that info is excactly what people are looking for.
It is just that England is so enormous, you don't happen to know someone a little closer to London?

I'm looking for someone like Andy for the buyer of my red LT, he thinks he migth have a blown gasket but he is definitely not a "knowledgeable spanner type".

Cheers, Erik

icky View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 15 at 17:05
I can give you a good few to avoid... Ouch
Engine cranes = the ultimate tool to test the tensile strength of Everything you didn't disconnect!

- 2000 MK4 Golf GT TDi
- 1994 LT Panel Van
- 1997 LT Minibus
- 1984 Volvo/VanHool Alizee
Canada LT28 View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canada LT28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 15 at 23:30
Originally posted by Dutchchap Dutchchap wrote:

Indeed Colin that info is excactly what people are looking for.
It is just that England is so enormous, you don't happen to know someone a little closer to London?

Cheers, Erik

What?????......Coming form Canada, it's the first time I've ever heard anyone say that, haha
94 LT28 Doka 2.4D
Slow and built to stay that way
87 T3 soon to be a camper
lorryloader View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lorryloader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 15 at 20:48
Originally posted by icky icky wrote:

I can give you a good few to avoid... Ouch

yes know exactly what you mean ! OuchOuchJust recently after getting my LT55 front beam axle and engine back, (3rd garage i had tried !) Went to start cleaning off rust off axle for painting and shock horror the job it was put in for (king pins  ) noticed grease nipple and disc missing from one of the pins and not greased so dry so how much water has gone in there over a year ! Really annoying thing is there was a spare king pin set i supplied (not cheap or easy to get !) and did not get this back now i have to get a whole new kit to complete the job myself ! On top of that both splash/back plate's were all bent up plus callipers full of mud.
If that was'nt bad enough i had supplied refurbished back plate to fit on engine before new belt water pump and tensioner fitted not done ! Then i also notice requested  glow plug not fitted (awkward first one behind injector pump ) But after all said i cannot even think about complaining as the mechanic /engineer who took on the job (no one wants to do pins as press required to do job ) Is seriously ill and had given the job to his Apprentice butcher ! Now i have to get on with it myself and hope not to find any more F--- ups .CryAngryCensored
LT-45 HIGH TOP + LT-55-BEVERTAIL.Mercedes Atego tilt n slide with lorry loader crane.
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LTCamper89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 15 at 11:27
Icky has had a nightmare with a place in Milton KeynesThumbs Down but is overjoyed with the refurbished injection pump through AWDiesel.Thumbs Up

Edited by LTCamper89 - 10 May 15 at 11:47

VW LT Camper not Cramper

icky View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 15 at 14:24
You stole my thunder, I was just gonna come on here and say that!!! AW Diesel in Milton Keynes were absolutely fantastic and put my van back together :)

Good times!! :D

Edited by icky - 10 May 15 at 14:25
Engine cranes = the ultimate tool to test the tensile strength of Everything you didn't disconnect!

- 2000 MK4 Golf GT TDi
- 1994 LT Panel Van
- 1997 LT Minibus
- 1984 Volvo/VanHool Alizee
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LTCamper89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 15 at 15:45
There is too much cross-pollenation.Wink

VW LT Camper not Cramper

Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LTCamper89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 15 at 20:41
Roop154 uses Dunkirk in Aylsham as do two LWB and a Florida so good enough to list.

VW LT Camper not Cramper

Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LTCamper89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 15 at 21:43
I understand Simon, spannerboy, is a good chap, guildford surrey, 07817 865 722. I will get some more information from him.

Duncans Garage, 2 Dorset Way Byfleet West Byfleet, Surrey KT14 7LB‎ 01932 351007 is another which has cropped up.

VW LT Camper not Cramper

MattyTree View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattyTree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 15 at 15:55
I've just bought a t31 petrol from a mate who's had it for years. he's used benje at station road garage, chipping campden to keep it sound. what work i can't do myself i will be taking it there, top bloke!
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LTCamper89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 15 at 18:06
Thank you MattyTree. Thumbs Up but already there.

Edited by LTCamper89 - 22 Jun 15 at 18:25

VW LT Camper not Cramper

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>