The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > T3 Tech help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Weber ICT's overflow, Drips/Leaks

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
ciclibera View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ciclibera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Weber ICT's overflow, Drips/Leaks
    Posted: 01 Jun 14 at 07:39
Thanks for the response. Im glad you decided to replace them as i should do the same; what did you choose?

As for the problem I called up Redline one more time. He reminded me there's a vent in the float bowl so the problem has to be either dirt, the float, or lack of a fuel regulator/excessive pressure in the line. Rechecked the pressure, checked the float a couple ways and seemed fine; and I also re-cleaned the jets. I guess my pressure gauge must be busted. Hopefully the new regulator will fix this nonsense. In the meantime, the car will have to be exiled to the other side of the street.
VeeDunk View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VeeDunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 14 at 13:17
Hi mate, sorry to hear about your problems. I never got the problem sorted, in the end I replaced the carbs and kept the old ones as spares. An expensive route but the quickest and safest.
ciclibera View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ciclibera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 14 at 10:27
A previous thread describes the same problem Im having with my 34 ICT's, but has no solution
From: http://www.brick-yard.co.uk/forum/weber-34-problems_topic28989.html

"I have examined the carbs soon after they have been run and there is petrol coming from the top jet (I think that is the best way to describe it) and dropping on the butterfly"

VeeDunk's Auxiliary venturi "jet" must have leaked like mine (#15 in the image). The effect is reproduced by filling the float close to the brim where the jet then acts as if its an overflow bypass. This means the same can happen via heat and pump pressure in the float bowl, or worse if the cars parked up-hill.

Its important to me because I've already had to replace practically new piston rings, and now knowing why I wish not to drive a 71' pipe-bomb. If ANYONE can help find or know of a solution, youd be saving Redline/Weber a window and security camera replacement as ill probably use the two carbs to take out both.

From http://www.gowerlee.dircon.co.uk/ICTtype.html
 Post Reply Post Reply