The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Section > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Tech
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Help! Florida fridge stopped working ON HOLIDAY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Help! Florida fridge stopped working ON HOLIDAY

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timaldiss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help! Florida fridge stopped working ON HOLIDAY
    Posted: 14 Apr 14 at 17:19
Fuses fine, light lit on front - any ideas for getting the fridge ignition to work? I'm guessing not when I'm already parked up on a campsite :(
-------
I have a history of VW LT camper van addiction: http://campervanman.co.uk
mrhutch View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
the ginger princess

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrhutch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 14 at 21:30
does it work with engine running chap (clutching at straws here!)
T3 1981 Westy Vanagon - thinks lubricant is a fuel
Chappy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
Arriba! Yii-hah!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 14 at 23:52

If your ignition is knackered, there's not much you can do about it until you swap a new ignition module in.  I'm assuming you've checked the top of the fridge to make sure all appropriate connections are good etc?

If you're on site  just run it on 240V?  Unless you're not hooked up of course!

What light on the front are you talking about too?

Back in the slow lane, yeah!
timaldiss View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timaldiss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 14 at 18:37
Originally posted by Chappy Chappy wrote:

What light on the front are you talking about too?

The little square red light that normally flickers when the fridge is sparking...

However, as an update, she's started working again! I'm assuming that damp had got in with all the wet weather, and yes - I hadn't fixed the covers to the outer grills - so maybe she just needed to dry out... disaster averted!

Funnily enough it wasn't until I put a CD in the stereo in the back that the fridge started working!! 

I guess I could give prizes to the most humorous guess as to what track might have been playing on the CD... ;)

OK, so she's 24 yrs old, but now the fridge is working the Eberspacher seems to have packed in! Typical :)

On a positive note we've had the nicest 3 days camping in the New Forest I could have possibly dreamed of - sun-tanned and soooo relaxed. Living the campervan dream again - I LOVE IT!

Thanks for chipping in mrhutch & Chappy 
-------
LTCamper89 View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LTCamper89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 14 at 19:04
Heatwave - Martha Reeves and the VANdellas. At least 20points and a prize for that Tim.

Cold as Ice - Foreigner. Crap

Jumpin' Jack Flash - for the line 'Its' a gas gas gas'

Geek
1989 LT28 2.4D    Saviour of 6Music, well one of them. Now playing http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/player/bbc_6music

VW LT Camper not Cramper

....at least the roof is not rusting away....
Chappy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
Arriba! Yii-hah!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 14 at 20:03

It's cool that you got it going again
Back in the slow lane, yeah!
Roger View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 14 at 17:33
When convenient you might want to look at the igniter and the flame.  Last summer in France, using French gas mine stopped working and on inspection I found a small blob of something hanging from the igniter tip to the flame.  I believe it was shorting the spark.  Flicked it off with a screwdriver and all was well once more.  In an emergency you can light the flame with a match held in a pair of pliers.
1989 LT31 Florida 2.4TD
timaldiss View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timaldiss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 14 at 20:31
Dang it looks like the ignition has had it. On my previous trip I had no problem starting her off gas but this trip I left the gas on the whole time we were parked up but the ignition never started despite my experiences above. 

What's next? Do I assume that I need to trace a replacement ignition?
-------
 Post Reply Post Reply