The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T5 Section > T5 Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2.0 tdi 140 misfire

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anilkumar89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2.0 tdi 140 misfire
    Posted: 30 Mar 14 at 19:32
my dads 2010 t5.1 transporter has 182 k on it its started to misfire and runs very lumpy under 2500 rpm injector 2 has been making a slight ticking for 3 months.

I have scanned with Vcds and it shows 5175 - Fuel Pressure Regulation: Regulation Discrepancy P1065 00 [101] - Short to Ground anyone got an idea of what the problem might be.

T5.1 transporter shuttle LWB 2.0 TDI 140
danozeman View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danozeman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 14 at 16:20
High pressure fuel pump   fuel pressure regulator.    Swarf in the system will soon knacker these.
Alonline View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
VW Customer Service

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alonline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 14 at 01:11
Where would the swarf be from??
VW master-tech View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VW master-tech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 14 at 20:08
If they are run on a petrol mix it doesnt take long to damage the high pressure pump as it relies on the diesel to lube it during operation, this then can cause swarf to get into the fuel system damaging pumps, injectors and such. I got a pm from the op he mentioned that injectors have been moved and possibly replaced but dont think he has had them coded back to the cylinder they are in, havent heard anymore so guess that sorted it ?
Kev The Gas View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

BUS WANKER

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kev The Gas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 14 at 20:49
^ great reply.

Off topic , but did you set up on your'e own VW master -tech ? If so how are you getting on ??
T5.1 T32 LWB Kombi 140 ps. Sold

T5.1 Caravelle Executive 2.0BiTDI
180PS DSG Sold

T5.1 Kombi LWB 180 BiTDI DSG   

T6 California Beach 150 DSG
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VW master-tech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 14 at 23:32
Am doing it part time round work,slowly building it up before splashing out on premises so just doing it mobile at present, have got a laptop coming to get vaspc and the new diag software Odis on so will have dealer level diag apart from key coding bit of a pain being mobile as it limits what I can do but seems to be going well at present lots of people trying to save pennies out there, thanks for asking   
T5 TDI View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T5 TDI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 14 at 23:47
Thumbs Up
2004 2.5 174
max and caddy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max and caddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 14 at 21:47
Originally posted by VW master-tech VW master-tech wrote:

Am doing it part time round work,slowly building it up before splashing out on premises so just doing it mobile at present, have got a laptop coming to get vaspc and the new diag software Odis on so will have dealer level diag apart from key coding bit of a pain being mobile as it limits what I can do but seems to be going well at present lots of people trying to save pennies out there, thanks for asking   

How are you going to send your GFFs online? What about DISSs? Your going to miss all the utter bollox you know..,

Not..

Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VW master-tech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 14 at 21:57
Will still have my fill of red tape during the day for the time being, would be nice tho to escape the paperwork and get back to just fixing motors. Have been doing the job for 20 years now and it is slowly getting worse it is more important now to tick the right box than get the vehicle fixed.
max and caddy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max and caddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 14 at 22:58
I know exactly what your saying...I,started in 1994 with vw...enjoyed it then...
Alonline View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
VW Customer Service

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alonline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 14 at 08:59
I love honest comments!

Good luckThumbs Up
anilkumar89 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anilkumar89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 14 at 13:38
hi everyone just let you know the injectors were removed and tested two were faulty 2 new injectors fitted and coded but van still hunts at idle and below 2000 rpm its drives fine at higher speeds vcds still shows fuel pressure regulation fault might have to get the lift pump checked    
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anilkumar89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 14 at 13:41
the van has always been run on shell normal diesel or mostly v power
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VW master-tech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 14 at 19:08
Can you look on vcds at the individual injector values to determine if it is an individual cylinder or across them all, take it the fuel filter has been changed? If it only hunts low revs but smoothes out on higher revs sounds like a restriction eg filter partially blocked, fuel lines on the wrong way round at the filter (happens alot !) Injectors not operating correctly or one of the pumps lift/high pressure not working correctly these would all give fuel pressure problems along with any type of fuel contamination could drain the tank and fill with fresh just in case, do the fuel pressure readings from the 2 sensors compare to each other. If it shows on one or 2 cylinders a compression test to check the engine may be an idea too. Hope that helps a bit tricky to advise without having the vehicle in front of me
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anilkumar89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 14 at 08:23
the van is sorted now the fuel filter was changed looks like might of had some contaminated fuel because it had a full service and filters were changed 4000 miles ago. 

thanks for the advice 
zedzedeleven View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zedzedeleven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 14 at 10:00
Hmm, note to self: keep away from the Shell filling stations !
1.9 85ps swb 2004 in friesan green.

bring me sunshine.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anilkumar89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 14 at 10:07
my dad says he had to put some fuel in from supermarket this could have been contaminated the injectors needed to be done anyway because they had been making a ticking sound for around 15k now 
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VW master-tech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 14 at 14:13
Glad you got it sorted
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anilkumar89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 14 at 12:44
i had forgot to update the thread 2 weeks after the fuel filter was changed the problem returned so the cuase of the problem was found to be the fuel pressure regulator  
gaz.williams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gaz.williams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 14 at 16:04
hi I have exactly the same fault on a shuttle. where is the fuel pressure regulator? was it easy to replace or is it a garage job?
2010 t5.1 shuttle
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>