Forum Home Forum Home > The Brickyard > The Brickie's Arms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Decorating...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Vanorak
Vanorak
Ebenezer Geezer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stu Dapples Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Decorating...
    Posted: 03 Nov 13 at 10:43
Decorating... Not particularly good at it, hate doing it... 5 year stand off with the bread knife and I have finally started!
Anyone who for some reason enjoys such things, which order should I do the following? Ongoing debate with the better half and so far "you do out then" hasn't worked!
Paint ceiling
Gloss doors, skirting etc
Wall paper feature wall
Emulsion rest of the room

To think, I could be under the Van...
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way when you judge him, you will be a mile away, and have his shoes...
max and caddy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max and caddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 13 at 11:34
Get a man in...?
gusbang View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gusbang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 13 at 13:40
Originally posted by max and caddy max and caddy wrote:

Get a man in...?

^^^^WHS
T3 Doka 2.1MV
booted View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote booted Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 13 at 14:47
Order you said except i would do wallpaper last. Saves cutting in the paont where joins paper in corners
Stu Dapples View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
Ebenezer Geezer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stu Dapples Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 13 at 16:44
Cheers booted, good call! As for getting a man in, finances don't stretch, saving for a snow boarding trip in Feb, every penny counts!!!
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way when you judge him, you will be a mile away, and have his shoes...
Titus A Duxass View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Titus A Duxass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 13 at 17:51
What booted said.

I love doing it, it was our family business.
I've still got 6 rooms to totally renovate.
Bollocks to it all!!
51°24′N 12°52′E
GMAN140 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GMAN140 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 13 at 17:54
Get a woman in  and sod the decorating.
booted View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote booted Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 13 at 18:09
orangina View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orangina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 13 at 21:27
Yes, I also hate every aspect of decorating and am happy to admit I'm shit at it - however, many years ago I persuaded Mrs O that she was far better at the decorating mularky than I was...
She has done all the painting & decorating since!   Big smile

My finest achievement was to show her how to tile - we now have a completely tiled bathroom (floor to ceiling) and the her next task is the dildo.   Wink

Equality!

gregozedobe View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gregozedobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 13 at 21:59
Originally posted by orangina orangina wrote:

Yes, I also hate every aspect of decorating and am happy to admit I'm shit at it - however, many years ago I persuaded Mrs O that she was far better at the decorating mularky than I was...
She has done all the painting & decorating since!   Big smile

My finest achievement was to show her how to tile - we now have a completely tiled bathroom (floor to ceiling) and the her next task is the dildo.   Wink

Equality!  

LOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

I think Orangina has been away for a bit and might have missed the addition to the swear filter to combat the spammers trying to flog their k.i.t.c.h.e.n.s.
flowervanman View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flowervanman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 13 at 22:04
I thought it was a kind of kinky reward scheme
Founder Member of the One Man Brazilian Bay Club within a non club forum based chat thingy
LTCamper89 View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LTCamper89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 13 at 22:22
Just remember ....The man who invented fucking needs decorating and ....the man who invented decorating needs fucking.Clap
1989 LT28 2.4D    Saviour of 6Music, well one of them. Now playing http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/player/bbc_6music

VW LT Camper not Cramper

....at least the roof is not rusting away....
orangina View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orangina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 13 at 22:46
Originally posted by gregozedobe gregozedobe wrote:

LOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

I think Orangina has been away for a bit and might have missed the addition to the swear filter to combat the spammers trying to flog their k.i.t.c.h.e.n.s.

DOH! Yes Greg I completely forgot that bloomin' swear filter!
french filth, french filth, T3...
Alonline View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
VW Customer Service

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alonline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 13 at 22:55
I don't mind the decorating, its all the shifting and clearing the room.

An empty room no problem.

My wife and kids get to empty and re fill the room.
bananaman View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bananaman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 13 at 23:01
Originally posted by LTCamper89 LTCamper89 wrote:

Just remember ....The man who invented fucking needs decorating and ....the man who invented decorating needs fucking.Clap
T5 T32 SWB Kombi 130ps
shep65 View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shep65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 13 at 23:07
Ceiling,
Walls,
Undercoat,
Gloss,
Hang paper.
BeJay View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeJay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 13 at 11:50

^^^^ why would you emulsion walls before glossing doors skirting etc, when gloss is a pain to try and get off fresh emulsion but emulsion is piss easy to wipe off gloss if you get any on it. Confused 
NIL ILLIGITIMUS CARBORUNDUM
clarky36 View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie
Olympic Tom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clarky36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 13 at 17:29
Get MrHutch to help you out he is great at decorating Wink its only taken him ten years to half build that bathroom or his!
job jobbed!
rowlesy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
murdered the murderwagen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rowlesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 13 at 17:32
Originally posted by clarky36 clarky36 wrote:

Get MrHutch to help you out he is great at decorating Wink its only taken him ten years to half build that bathroom or his!

bathroom? where? LOL
UberFukz broke another!       sucky sucky five dollah!

always out numbered never out gunned!    RWS welding 07846 380 467 (worcs)
shep65 View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shep65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 13 at 18:55
Originally posted by BeJay BeJay wrote:

^^^^ why would you emulsion walls before glossing doors skirting etc, when gloss is a pain to try and get off fresh emulsion but emulsion is piss easy to wipe off gloss if you get any on it. Confused 
Because it's easier to 'cut in' with a 1" brush with gloss on skirtings/frames than it is to try and do the same with a 4" emulsion brush.

As for wiping the gloss off freshly applied emulsion you wait until it's dry!

You do as you like chap, I however am a time served  City & Gulids apprentice who unfortunately chose decorating as a living.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>