The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > T3 Westfalia forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Eberspacher service recommendations

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kent Joker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Eberspacher service recommendations
    Posted: 23 Sep 13 at 21:37
I have had a look through the search topics with out much luck,
could anybody recommend someone to service my Diesel Eberspacher the battery is charged the fuel pump runs, but its reluctant to run for more than 20 mins not looking to take it apart myself have limited time,
hope to be able to get it working for the winter
I did take it to my local Eberspaher dealer but they were very uninterested in taking it apart
Keith

1990 PD TDI Westy Atlantic
ELVIS View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Silence is golden, gaffa tape is silver

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ELVIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 13 at 22:28
Do it yourself Keith.

Easy enough to do and cheap enough for parts.

Here's a link I followed,

http://www.letonkinoisvarnish.co.uk/Eberspacher_Intro_1.html

Www.justgiving.com/ELVIS-SUMMERS

lhdwesty View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lhdwesty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 13 at 16:08
Although the battery is charged are you sure it's not on its last legs?
If it's running for 20 mins then most faults would have stopped it before then.
Leave it on until it goes off, then try starting it again with the kitchen led panel flicked to on. If it goes red on start up the leisure battery is knackered.
Rob.

Edited by lhdwesty - 24 Sep 13 at 16:11
Westy Syncro

***WANTED***
tan / beige front door cards in good condition,no top speaker holes.
Kent Joker View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kent Joker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 13 at 16:18
Thanks Rob I have tried it with the 240v plugged in and checked the voltage with a meter
Keith

ELVIS View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ELVIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 13 at 16:41
Sure i read somewhere if its badly coked up this can cause it to overheat and cut out. Might be thinking of Hutch though!

Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kent Joker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 13 at 17:03
Thanks Elvis for the link, it looks very useful and I guess ill be taking it apart myself, unless someone's along soon who wants to do it.Big smile
Keith

lhdwesty View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lhdwesty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 13 at 22:26
Is it a D2L?
Rob.
Westy Syncro

***WANTED***
tan / beige front door cards in good condition,no top speaker holes.
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kent Joker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 13 at 16:24
Yes it is a D2L
Keith

Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kent Joker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 14 at 20:45

So after some very helpful advice I decided just to renew my original heater with a d2 Airtronic and for anybody that wondered the new heaters don't fit in the original box so you will need to have one fabricated.

Edited by Kent Joker - 01 Feb 14 at 20:48
Keith

Joker_Club View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joker_Club Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 14 at 07:15
Very neat solution looks great.
Sunny Lancs
Scimdiesel View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scimdiesel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 14 at 16:39
Nice job.   Where is that being fitted. Under the floor?.   If you've time I'd like to see where you bolt it and where the vents come out.    I bought a webasto and mounted it under the rear seats. Works lovely.   Noisier than expected. I think we'll miss the storage.   If it had been a tiny amount thinner it would have gone under the drivers seat.
Without engineers science is just philosophy..... Joined the revolution with a 18 year old TDI :
light View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote light Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 14 at 16:59
Originally posted by ELVIS ELVIS wrote:

Do it yourself Keith.

These cheap parts you talk of where to are you buying them please just had a quote for £134.00+vat for a flame sensor
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kent Joker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 14 at 17:49
It just replaces the original Westy one, you can even use the original ducting if you want .
Keith

Parcel View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Parcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 14 at 22:23
That is really neat Thumbs Up, did you fab the box yourself?

I managed to fit a Webasto into the original box
ELVIS View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ELVIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 14 at 22:46
Originally posted by light light wrote:

Originally posted by ELVIS ELVIS wrote:

Do it yourself Keith.

These cheap parts you talk of where to are you buying them please just had a quote for £134.00+vat for a flame sensor

Sorry, meant service parts are cheap enough

Have you tried the Turkish fella on ebay? Used em a few times and although obviously in turkey, never done me over and has good feedback.

What model ?

Edited by ELVIS - 02 Feb 14 at 22:47

Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kent Joker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 14 at 15:24
OBG was full of great info and did tell me that it was possible to use the existing under slung box buy using a Webasto but couldn't bring myself to change it from a Eberspacher, I measured exactly what dimensions I needed and got a fabrication shop to make it for me,while I was at it I renewed the ducting seems like a job well done and the added peace of mind it just working the way it should.
Keith

gip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 18 at 21:51
I know this is almost 4 years old but does anybody know how easy is to swap the D2L with a D2? New box aside, can the D2 work with the same pump of the D2L?
chrisevans View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chrisevans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 18 at 11:11
I think Mr Baxter has just done something similar in the last few weeks. Maybe ask him?
gip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 18 at 17:17
Thanks, 
senti him a message but I may end up learning-by-experience soon Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply