FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fuel tank straps

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
max and caddy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max and caddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fuel tank straps
    Posted: 14 Aug 13 at 09:22
No problem, always happy to help if I can.
Caspian View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caspian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 13 at 08:54
sorry don't really understand how these forums work.. thanks for the tank-strap advice; saves me cutting a hole in the stainless. I will keep looking for a workshop manual so I don't have to keep asking stupid questions!..
cheers
Cheers
stephmac View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stephmac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 13 at 21:46
Probs saw the gloom and cobwebs and thought he was in the synchro section
1987 T3 Caravelle 1.9 DG
max and caddy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max and caddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 13 at 20:05
The ones on the floor member are captive, so are dead easy as long as thay stay captive! The rear short bits are un get at table without dropping the tank but are rarely rusty so can be left and re used...

Why are you posting a syncro specific query in the tap room? Perfectly good syncro section with fuck all happening in it and your in here...in amongst the gloom and cobwebs...

Edited by max and caddy - 13 Aug 13 at 20:05
Caspian View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caspian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 13 at 16:31
My rusty resto saga continues... touched the fuel tank straps and they turned to dust.. my 87 syncro floor and interior has been 'tanked' in stainless steel.. dont ask me why..
Are the fuel tank strap botls that go in from underneath on captive nuts or a bolt right through?
If it is a bolt-through I have to cut out some of the stainless tanking..
Cheers
 Post Reply Post Reply