The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Section > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Tech
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rear Brake Pressure Regulator/Booster

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
Author
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mat_the_cat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 15 at 20:06
I've got the compensator, but not got round to anything yet! TBH, while mine is working OK it's not top of the priority list, but I really should do something as it's fr better to work on things when not under time pressure.

I guess the ideal would be a close advisory on the MOT, so it makes me pull my finger out without actually taking the van out of service!
Mid engined, 6 cylinder, turbocharged 2 seater - it can only be a VW LT!
flanagantom View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flanagantom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 15 at 14:47
ye may all be in Luck folks, I have contacted this chap in Germany , no reply yet , ill post if there is any change, seem to be good value reconditioning

http://kleinanzeigen.ebay.de/anzeigen/s-anzeige/bremskraftregler-bkr-vw-lt-1-28-55-wabco-ueberholung-abdichten-alb/275945711-223-4472
John in the Vendee. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John in the Vendee. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 15 at 12:33
Hi Flanagantom,

Can I ask whether you had any luck with the reconditioning guy in Germany please?

Also, has anybody had any luck in sourcing a WABCO 281612501A or suitable alternative load sensing valve please?

Regards,

John.
LTCamper89 View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LTCamper89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 15 at 13:23
One of the members here, http://www.lt-freunde.de/forum/ is doing repairs, though I cannot remember nor find which one.

So far no luck with Wabco, but the Unimog/Mercedes one appears to be available at 300Euros-ish.

I have asked for V82s pictures since he did a lot of good work but it is all lost to us at the minute.

Welcome John, HandshakeBeer
1989 LT28 2.4D    Saviour of 6Music, well one of them. Now playing http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/player/bbc_6music

VW LT Camper not Cramper

....at least the roof is not rusting away....
John in the Vendee. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John in the Vendee. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 15 at 14:25
Hello LTCamper89,

Thank you for the welcome and thanks very much for getting back to me so quickly.

When you refer to the Unimog/Mercedes one available at 300 euros-ish, do you have a link or any info on where I could get hold of one of these please?

Regards,

John.
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LTCamper89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 15 at 16:02
1989 LT28 2.4D    Saviour of 6Music, well one of them. Now playing http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/player/bbc_6music

VW LT Camper not Cramper

lorryloader View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lorryloader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 15 at 09:30
Yes also a warm welcome John,Handshake Might be worth contacting Flanagatom think he sorted his out but had purchased a new one and was selling was looking at myself but seemed different to mine.
LT-45 HIGH TOP + LT-55-BEVERTAIL.Mercedes Atego tilt n slide with lorry loader crane.
aeth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 15 at 08:09
Sorry to just jump in and ask questions. 

We have an LT50 horsebox that failed as the regulator was leaking. I found a local guy who thought he could recon it and so we had it done. It all seemed good but unfortunately not and it's leaking again. 

Before I give up on the lorry I found this site and the Merceds/Unimog option does look like my last chance. Is this a fairly straightforward swap/ has anyone fitted one.

Panicking a bit here as the rest of the truck is in fab condition - even the VOSA tester commented! But if we can't get this sorted it will have to be scrapped, which will be such a shame :(

Thanks in advance
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LTCamper89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 15 at 08:19
Welcome aethHandshakeBeer

It would need setting correctly, but since you have the spring, it is easy enough. Make sure you use the correct lever length.

A chap in Germany DOES refurbish them, so if you would like it doing I can PM you details and you then have a spare or a sale item.

Do not dump it though, they are rare things.

VW LT Camper not Cramper

Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lorryloader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 15 at 12:26
Yes welcome aeth, good advise and info from Chris let us all know how you get on .
LT-45 HIGH TOP + LT-55-BEVERTAIL.Mercedes Atego tilt n slide with lorry loader crane.
aeth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 15 at 00:15
Sorry it's been a while but the lorry was returned from my friendly mechanic this afternoon. 

He drove it back, but I did run it up the drive and the pedal seems good so the next stage is to book it for it's plating and see how it goes. Fingers crossed Smile

The unimog part actually came from a supplier in the UK - we called Mercedes UK and they gave us a contact number. It was a similar price to the one linked to above. 

The old part is in the cab and the chap who looked at it before is keen to have another look - I will give him a call and probably print out some of the guide to give him some pointers.

Thanks for your advice

Bazzer11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bazzer11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 17 at 17:45
This thread seems to have gone quiet but I am sure that there are others out there that are still suffering with brake pressure regulating valves.
As the thread is quite old the pictures are not accessible and was wondering if anybody had done the replacement route lately.
I have a 2.4L LT35 1994 horsebox that has a seized regulator. I have sent it to "Past Parts" to see if they can refurbish it but there is a plastic part inside that broken. I have got a well rusted one from the "Alpha Parts" guy and have sent that off to see if "Past Parts" can make one from the two.
Not holding out too much hope so I was wondering if anyone has the full information for a replacement.
Any help appreciated.
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lorryloader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 17 at 15:35
good luck with that let us know how you get on
Bazzer11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bazzer11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 17 at 22:22
Hi,
I have started a new thread as I thought this is very old and the pictures are no longer accessible.
Past Parts have been able to make one good one out of the two so all's well and my horsebox is back on the road.
BrightSparks View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BrightSparks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 17 at 18:33
Excellent news, I've been afraid of it happening to my old bus for years and she failed her MOT today on it leaking! Looks like I'll be sending mine to Past Parts too!! Cool
Should I cut the Blue wire or the Red wire???
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LTCamper89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 17 at 20:50

VW LT Camper not Cramper

quazzmo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quazzmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 17 at 07:20
Hi Steve, do you still have a contact for the "Guy in Holland" who is getting Bosch in Italy to manufacture Brake Pressure Regulators? Looked at hscale.com, not there. MOT failure... my one's leaking!
1984 Autotrail Cherokee LT35 petrol 2.4
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LTCamper89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 17 at 12:12
Steves' last post is two years old.

There is a chap in Germany who can rebuild them for about 150euros or you can do it yourself.

VW LT Camper not Cramper

Dropchip View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dropchip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 17 at 13:26
Not sure if the regulators are the same. But I replaced mine with one from just pampers. On my T3 £118 - been working as expected for over six months
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LTCamper89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 17 at 12:34
From what I can see you have fitted a pressure reducer, however for your safety I would ask Brickwerks about it. They deal with both t3 and LT whereas Just Kampers do not deal with LT.

Possibly another swear filterLOL

VW LT Camper not Cramper

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>