The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Section > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Tech
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rear Brake Pressure Regulator/Booster

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
LTCamper89 View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LTCamper89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 15 at 19:02
1989 LT28 2.4D    Saviour of 6Music, well one of them. Now playing http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/player/bbc_6music

VW LT Camper not Cramper

....at least the roof is not rusting away....
Chappy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
Arriba! Yii-hah!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 15 at 19:01

Link doesn't work for me - what's the item number?

Back in the slow lane, yeah!
flanagantom View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flanagantom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 15 at 12:13
Hi folks, I went on the same mission myself after failing the MOT on a brake pressure regulator supposedly leaking. I tracked the part number to arie.nl (part no longer available) I bought the regulator , I changed the brake fluid before the part arrived which surprisingly sorted my problem. So now i have this part for sale up on ebay for what i paid for it if anyone is interested, its brand new, be sure to check the pics and compare to your regulator before buying as I have been informed that there are a few different versions on the LT's  listing is here http://goo.gl/SJsder
lorryloader View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lorryloader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 14 at 12:20
Yes folks would indeed be interesting for future reference.
LT-45 HIGH TOP + LT-55-BEVERTAIL.Mercedes Atego tilt n slide with lorry loader crane.
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LTCamper89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 14 at 11:44
I remembered last night that DAF have not been back to me either. I will go by on Tuesday and see if a face to face yields better results.
1989 LT28 2.4D    Saviour of 6Music, well one of them. Now playing http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/player/bbc_6music

VW LT Camper not Cramper

volition82 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote volition82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 14 at 11:11
SteveSt - Curious to know how you got on with sourcing one from the Dutch guy?
1989 LT35 - 2.4 Lpg/Petrol - Converted To Camper
lorryloader View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lorryloader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 13 at 20:15
way to go Thumbs Up
LT-45 HIGH TOP + LT-55-BEVERTAIL.Mercedes Atego tilt n slide with lorry loader crane.
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LTCamper89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 13 at 20:04
Well doneThumbs Up Makes you wonder what all the fuss was about.Wink

VW LT Camper not Cramper

Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote volition82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 13 at 19:23
Originally posted by SteveSt SteveSt wrote:

Passed. That's good news. The more LT's we can keep going the more chance we might have of persuading peeps to make aftermarket parts. The Dutch guy I mentioned today popped up on my Skype and showed me a brake regulator which he claimed would fit the LT. Cost, in Euros 150 + 23.50 euro shipping. I have asked him to let me have the full spec' which I will post here when it comes in.
Apparently he has had 100 made by Bosch in Italy.

That's good news.  A lot easier to swap it out for a new part which is the same.  Just wish this had come up before I started mine.  Just my luck LOL
SteveSt View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveSt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 13 at 19:06
Passed. That's good news. The more LT's we can keep going the more chance we might have of persuading peeps to make aftermarket parts. The Dutch guy I mentioned today popped up on my Skype and showed me a brake regulator which he claimed would fit the LT. Cost, in Euros 150 + 23.50 euro shipping. I have asked him to let me have the full spec' which I will post here when it comes in.
Apparently he has had 100 made by Bosch in Italy.

LT31 1991 2.4 TD Florida Westphalia • Honda ST1100 • Ford Tourneo Connect
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote volition82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 13 at 18:20
Not long back from having the van Mot'd.  It passed!  Well chuffed with that.  Nothing needed doing and no advisory's.  The Mot guy mentioned that I had changed the regulator as we had discussed.  He said it worked fine. 

Hopefully that is the last time I will have to touch that until the van goes to scrap yard heaven (because it's led a good and honest life LOL).  I could have made the job easier by not cutting the original pipe's (and not having a partially blocked pipe) but other than that it was an easy enough job.  If anybody else goes the same route it can comfortably be done in a day.

Edited by volition82 - 25 Oct 13 at 18:21
mat_the_cat View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mat_the_cat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 13 at 21:28
Originally posted by volition82 volition82 wrote:

Mat is having my spare, so I guess he is going to have a go at re-building it.  Hopefully he will do a thread on it which will give people a couple of options.

I will indeed! Hopefully I will be able to get somewhere with it, but with mine working reasonably OK it won't be top of the priority list...
Mid engined, 6 cylinder, turbocharged 2 seater - it can only be a VW LT!
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LTCamper89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 13 at 19:38
There is one for repairing the BKR, and three very useful pats list and drawings/specifications, which clearly state '*** This part not included in the repair kit'

VW LT Camper not Cramper

Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote volition82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 13 at 17:33
Originally posted by light light wrote:

I tried the alfa place. He had one for £100 which he said looked like it had been replaced at some point. Plus £30 which was refundable when i returned mine. Which i thought was a bit odd for a scrap yard. Makes me think they can be re-conditioned.

I've bought another second hand one which i'll send off and see if it can be re-conditioned.

If you remove the seals they will have a part number on them and probably a size and manufacturer`s name
 all you need is the size ,if the cylinder is ok you can just source the seals and replace them

LTCamper89 found a German site which show's a step by step re-build (there is a link to it in this thread, somewhere!).  Only trouble is it's in German.  At the bottom of the page it does list the seal sizes.  From the brief look I've had at it, it's not a simple job.  It's not like a caliper or wheel cylinder for example where you just push out the piston.  Mat is having my spare, so I guess he is going to have a go at re-building it.  Hopefully he will do a thread on it which will give people a couple of options.

If you have the time to re-build it and there's an English thread on how to re-build it then it would be the better option and cheaper!!!

Edited by volition82 - 21 Oct 13 at 17:35
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LTCamper89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 13 at 17:13
Top stuff.

Thumbs Up

VW LT Camper not Cramper

light View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote light Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 13 at 16:09

I tried the alfa place. He had one for £100 which he said looked like it had been replaced at some point. Plus £30 which was refundable when i returned mine. Which i thought was a bit odd for a scrap yard. Makes me think they can be re-conditioned.

I've bought another second hand one which i'll send off and see if it can be re-conditioned.

If you remove the seals they will have a part number on them and probably a size and manufacturer`s name
 all you need is the size ,if the cylinder is ok you can just source the seals and replace them
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote volition82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 13 at 15:55
On Friday I set off to the garage to get the brakes tested.  But I noticed the van was pulling to the right under heavy braking.  Long story, short.  After two day's of crawling around under the van I think I had a partially blocked brake pipe.  I suspect it has been like that for a while because it ties in with not having to adjust the nearside brake shoes as much as the offside (my old shoes had no automatic adjuster).

Not long back from the garage and my rear brakes seem to be fine.  The chap at the garage said they gave a good reading.  Slight imbalance, upto 10-15% but he thinks that is probably down to weight distribution.  Good enough to pass though as the maximum is 30%.  I was quite surprised because the van did pull to the offside under heavy braking every now and then.  I think that might be down to weight because the right side of the van is heavier. 

Anyway it is good enough to pass that's all I'm worried about.  Mot Friday so I'll keep you updated on the results of that.  Should be ok but I'm always sceptical until I've got that piece of paper in my hand.

Edited by volition82 - 21 Oct 13 at 15:56
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LTCamper89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 13 at 12:59
If there was an 'and' I would not have kept you waiting.

Awaiting a reply SteveSt

VW LT Camper not Cramper

SteveSt View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveSt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 13 at 12:08
and?

LT31 1991 2.4 TD Florida Westphalia • Honda ST1100 • Ford Tourneo Connect
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LTCamper89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 13 at 12:06
Asked our local DAF dealer.

VW LT Camper not Cramper

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>