The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Section > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Tech
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Injector Pump?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
SteveSt View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveSt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Injector Pump?
    Posted: 03 Jul 13 at 17:18
AW Engineering Darwen Lancs
01254 773250
walshln@aol.com - bit slow on responding.
£680 for the head (it was for a TD not sure if there is a difference).
£125 for the gasket set.
(I think the above are without VAT)
Head includes the bolts but make sure they send you the right number.
They seem to know what they are talking about when it comes to LT's

Edited by SteveSt - 03 Jul 13 at 19:21
LT31 1991 2.4 TD Florida Westphalia • Honda ST1100 • Ford Tourneo Connect
PhilJ View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 13 at 12:07
Thanks Steve... may need them
Phil J - VW LT 35 2.4 D 1989 Camper
SteveSt View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveSt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 13 at 12:05
If the belt has slipped, does it not point to a new belt/problem with a bearing in the pump - or both?
There is a firm in Darwen Lancs which carries gasket sets - in fact they do new heads (or at least they did when I got my new one 2 months back) I will post their details later when I have found them
PhilJ View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 13 at 12:05
Belt tight and seems OK - timing not too far off as engine runs and idles fine seems to be struggling at higher revs.
t'onion View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t'onion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 13 at 12:01
Check the timing , the belt could have jumped a few teeth

LT28 Westfalia FloRida, 2.4 diesel

miserable fooker

PhilJ View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 13 at 09:40
Doesn't appear to be head gasket - no water in oil and no oil in water - the white smoke does not appear to be steam it seems to be unburnt fuel and there is no loss of coolant. going to replace the injectors anyway so will do compression test when they're out. If it is a head gasket it could have split down the centre line missing the oil and water ways? I've had that on other engines before.
Are head gasket sets available anywhere?
SteveSt View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveSt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 13 at 19:45
Have you confirmed its NOT the head gasket - ie oil OK, water/coolant clear?
Compression test next I'd suggest. (Although I always hate undoing the injector unions more than necessary) If compression good then I'd suspect injector pump and be a be reluctant to use engine until checked/fixed.
PhilJ View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 13 at 19:08
After a great time at Glastonbury I had the dubious honour of being recovered twice in one day!

Drove down without any problems - Left festival and drove as far as Salisbury in very heavy traffic - My mate's T4 overheated on a massive hill but we got that going OK then whilst up to speed on a free bit of road it started mis-firing and losing power until I came to a complete stop. Lots of white smoke (diesel, doesn't appear to be head gasket). Eventually managed to limp, at walking pace to a layby where she completely gave up on me.
Got recovered to Service station at start of M27 where after a couple of hours an AA guy had a look at it. By this time it was running again but lumpy and smokey. He fiddled with the fuel feed adjustment on the injector pump and reduced the smoke and suggested driving along the motorway to the next service station with him following. The van drove but 40mph flat-out and would only run with the cold start pulled out. Struggled up hill at 30mph and pulled into the next services at Southampton where we gave up. The AA then didn't have a truck available so go a contractor who had to send a truck from Bracknell on the M4 - took 2 1/2 hours to get there - then towed another 2 1/2 hours back home.

Drove the van once dropped off and parked it up. Runs but no real power (even less than usual)

Started it today and it runs but smokey - black smoke if you rev hard.

It's done this before but seemed to clear itself and just carry on - have changed fuel and air filters and I've got a complete set of refurb injectors to go into it but general consensus seems to be that this may well be the pump.

Any ideas anyone?
 Post Reply Post Reply