The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > Auto Jumble > For Sale
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - SOLD : T4 Holdsworth Valentine Special Coachbuilt
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedSOLD : T4 Holdsworth Valentine Special Coachbuilt

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: SOLD : T4 Holdsworth Valentine Special Coachbuilt
    Posted: 28 Apr 13 at 21:05
Offered here is our Volkswagen T4 Holdsworth ‘Valentine Special’ camper.

We have owned ‘Val’ for 3 1/2 years. At the time i was looking for a Gypsy but couldnt find the right van so we bought Val! In that time we have many enjoyable weekends away. We have enjoyed travelling and holidaying in Val but have now bought a bigger (non VW :-( ... ) left hand drive van so we can travel abroad for longer periods. Val is a really great sized van, you have so much more room than a tin top (we also have a T3 day van) but Val will still fit in a standard parking space. This is really useful when touring.

Overall for her age I think she is in pretty good shape. She has covered a mere 69,000 miles. She has a fat, well organised file of paper work documenting most of her life, including the original handbooks, brochure and certificates. Since we have owned her she has been dry stored when not in use.  On the downside, the sun has taken its toll on the stickers on body and some are a bit faded and cracked. This is shown in the photos. The body also has some marks and blemishes ‘commensurate with age’ as they say.

Mechanical...

Val is a 2.4, 5 cylinder, non-turbo diesel, she is happy up to the motorway speed limit. She will happily return up to 30 mpg on a run with a bit of care. She was serviced and had her cambelt etc replaced approx 4000 miles ago. She is taxed until June and has a new 1 year MOT. Val has power steering. Tyres all have good tread.

Exterior Features…

-          Rear impact ‘Safetbar’
-          Roof rails and cross bars
-          Rear ladder
-          Tow bar
-          4 bike fiamma rack
-          Proper camper alloy wheels
-          Pull out fiamma awning with handle and central stay bar
-          Side repeater / safety lights

Interior Features...

Inside Val benefits from :
-          ‘2+2’ configuration with a double over the cab, and seating area that converts into a double bed, rear bathroom
-          Mains hookup with zig zag type unit for 240v / 12v power management and leisure battery
-          Sink
-          Fridge (replaced about 5 years ago)
-          4 ring cooker
-          Oven with grill
-          Rotating passenger seat
-          One forward facing rear seat position with seat belt.
-          Loads of storage – drawers, under the bed and rear cupboards, eye level cupboards around the living area, and a few secret hiding places..
-       Original ladder for accessing the top bunk
-          Bathroom with cassette toilet with sink and shower and roof vent
-          Cabin Heater  - although we have never used this and have never had it checked or tested as we only use the van in the spring / summer / autumn.
-          Water tank
-          Waste tank
-          External locker for gas bottle and cable storage
-       natty registration number board to save your place at the campsite when you pop out to the super market in the van.

I'm looking for £8000 o.n.o.

I will add some photos shortly, once I've worked out how to do it from my iPad! Val is located near Winchester, Hampshire, not far from the A303 / A34 junction.

Edited by JetJackson - 10 May 13 at 18:21
JetJackson View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 13 at 19:33
jevvy View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 13 at 14:25
Hi there

Was interested to see that you have sold a Val  - I have one too. Great little vans eh. Bit cheeky this but I was wondering if you would let  me know what it went for in the end as I'm just about to put mine up for sale. Will undersatnd completely if you would rather not say.
Kind Regards
JOhn
mcj731 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 13 at 21:27
let me know what you want,if its cheap I MAY be interested
 Post Reply Post Reply