The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T5 Section > T5 Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

towball up your trouserleg

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kernow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: towball up your trouserleg
    Posted: 19 Apr 13 at 18:58
Who has done this Exclamation
so many times i have come close to faceplanting as the towball goes up my trouserleg as i get out of the back of the van ,

Today i was kneeling in the back reaching for a box and managed to stop just before losing my balance finding the towball up my trouserleg and unable to step back  .
I nearly went over on my ass and would have bashed up my leg too i reckon .

Edited by kernow - 19 Apr 13 at 22:53
my bigest fear is that when I die the missus will sell my toys for what I said I paid for them
T5 TDI View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T5 TDI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 13 at 22:10
Me plenty of times!  Doesn't look too cool as you try and rescue yourself I can tell you. LOL
This could turn out to be a good thread- Van injuries/embarassing escapes.

I've shut my overall sleeves in the sliding doors a few times.  The worst thing is if you have clicked the remote first in your pocket so that as sliding door closes, it locks, and leaves you cringingley pinned to the van.  And of course, the remote is always in the most awkward pocket. 

Understand that in my case, this is all purely hyperthetical ... Embarrassed    
2004 2.5 174
Berisford View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Berisford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 13 at 23:03
Yep, that bloody factory fit swan neck on my Kombi has had me a good few times over the years! It's not too bad up the overall's, at least the extra room gives me a sporting chance, but once it's up the jeans leg I'm over.
Another one, and I've mentioned it here before, is shutting the drivers door whilst my size 12 CAT boot is still in the well. Embarrassed
Senate Square, Helsinki, 12 June 1993.
mrhutch View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
the ginger princess

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrhutch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 13 at 23:14
T3 1981 Westy Vanagon - thinks lubricant is a fuel
energysolutions View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote energysolutions Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 13 at 00:11
!!Never Eat Yellow Snow!!
sunny43.5 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunny43.5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 13 at 12:21
Luckily for me the Australian towbar option is the style you can remove when not needed just remove a pin and pullout the ball and you are left with a small square opening below the bumper .
kernow View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kernow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 13 at 15:40
Originally posted by sunny43.5 sunny43.5 wrote:

Luckily for me the Australian towbar option is the style you can remove when not needed just remove a pin and pullout the ball and you are left with a small square opening below the bumper .

I think you can have that option here , well worth paying the extra for i think
my bigest fear is that when I die the missus will sell my toys for what I said I paid for them
Berisford View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Berisford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 13 at 16:24
The 'removable' option was almost £100 more when I ordered my Kombi so needless to say, it got passed over.
Senate Square, Helsinki, 12 June 1993.
T5 TDI View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T5 TDI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 13 at 22:04

Going slightly O/T but still talking of minor van injuries.   I got the first good static crack of the year off my door today.  This subject has come up a few times before but I've noticed over the last 40 years that this only occours during high pressure weather conditions.  If you see clear blue skies and slow-decaying vapour/con trails, these are perfect dry conditions to get zapped. 

Forget all products anyone tries to sell you, the only real defence is to remember that during the few blessed days each year in the UK where you experience these conditions, make sure you are holding the metal frame of the door as you get out of the van rather than the interior trim as you might usually do.  Guaranteed no zap. Smile

If you are windsurfer like me, brush up on your old-school helitacks or go ballooning or something.  Smile  

Edited by T5 TDI - 21 Apr 13 at 22:42
2004 2.5 174
DOGSBREATH View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
gok wan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DOGSBREATH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 13 at 07:40
shins!! ive done my shinbone a few time. freckin hurts :-)
Alonline View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
VW Customer Service

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alonline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 13 at 09:23
Wear Ozzie half mast shorts!! Problem solved.LOL

My sin is usually nip to have a dig in the van for something waiting fo the missus to finish dressing, chasing the kids when going out, reach in and the apprentice hasn't refitted the cover and get a big grease mark on the trousers.

Missus goes mad and the apprentice gets a diggin on Monday!Ouch
T5 TDI View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T5 TDI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 13 at 18:55
Originally posted by Alonline Alonline wrote:

...get a big grease mark on the trousers.

Yeah,done that one a few times LOL   
2004 2.5 174
Shamrockez View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamrockez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 13 at 09:52
Yep, been there and done that! 

I managed to end up on my bum suspended by my leg in the air in B&Q once.... the couple sat in the car behind found it very amusing Embarrassed  as did Steve..... LOL
LTCamper89 View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LTCamper89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 13 at 22:43
No T5, no towball, but I did suspend myself from the handbrake by my fashionably knee-length shorts tonight.

Luckily I had removed the head-lining and roof storage board and so had the internal flanges to get a hold of until I could get a foot on the step. Better adjust it soon too.c

Not seen by anyone else so not embarrassing at all........well not until now, of course.
1989 LT28 2.4D    Saviour of 6Music, well one of them. Now playing http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/player/bbc_6music

VW LT Camper not Cramper

....at least the roof is not rusting away....
 Post Reply Post Reply