The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Section > LT1 chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gearbox Help Please

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobbylost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gearbox Help Please
    Posted: 12 Feb 13 at 10:09
So my beloved LT35E P plate non factory conversion beauty has lost her gearbox. It was all smashed to peices inside. I am looking at getting a scrap one to put in.

Does anyone have one. Also what years will fit it. I have a possible 2001 box would that be compatible?

Thanks in advance for your help. Can't wait to get my beloved back on the road where she can smoke the village out on start and pootle up hills but I will miss wrestling my spoon in the cauldron searching for a magic gear!! 
 ;-)
-
Lt35 2.4 Diesel 1996 Camper.
BeJay View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeJay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 13 at 12:27

I'm assuming yours is an LT1 as you say LT35E and your sig says 2.4 diesel (six pot) if so I seriously doubt you could fit one out of a 2001 LT2, if I'm right try PM ing 'psion' on here, he had a LT1 gearbox for sale for £200 on    this thread    don't know if he's still got it but must be worth the ask, it's from an LT50 but should be the same gearbox as yours, (the LT50 just denotes higher rated suspension and twin rear wheels for the higher load capacity)
NIL ILLIGITIMUS CARBORUNDUM
Dreamcatcher View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dreamcatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 13 at 13:48
The 2.4 (six pot) was first introduced in the early part of 1983 and continued to be used up to 1996.
The gearbox used throughout  this time was either a four or five speed and the same pattern for all LT models.
You shouldnt have a problem getting one as there appears to be a lot of Lt's being broken on fleebay at this time.
If it felt like you were previousley stirring porrage with the stick ,it sounds like you need to replace the plastic balls in the linkage. Thumbs Up
Dave 1991 LT31 Camper
mcgill5 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcgill5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 13 at 18:57
i have a few of these available if you are still in need? cheers mcgill 07732098577
Bobbylost View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobbylost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 13 at 13:53
I managed to get one in the end. But Thanks. I am now looking for an alternator.

best wishes,

Rob ;-)
-
Lt35 2.4 Diesel 1996 Camper.
 Post Reply Post Reply