The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > T3 Engine Upgrades
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

AFN rebuild/rape for parts

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 789
Author
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote syncroandy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 12 at 23:15
I was thinking along similar lines.. pretty much my next step was to email John a DXF file to get a cost. Got several spare bells here.

Edited by syncroandy - 24 Dec 12 at 23:15
'90 252 EJ25
'90 246 AFN

Syncrosport
Volkswagen Transporter, reloaded.
max and caddy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max and caddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 12 at 23:30
John? At kcut? Have you had any ideas on costs ?what material did you have in mind and how thick...
syncroandy View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote syncroandy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 12 at 23:34
12mm steel, you have a PM.
'90 252 EJ25
'90 246 AFN

Syncrosport
Volkswagen Transporter, reloaded.
lloydy View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lloydy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 12 at 07:58
He he, what did I start. Depending on getting a rough idea on price, I'll have one for future use
16" syncro multivan
lloydy View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lloydy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 12 at 22:11
These do adapter plates http://www.foreignautosupply.com/parts-accessories/47-in-line-4-cylinder-vanagon-engine-conversion-adaptor-plate/#.UNt13WtYCSM

They also do hydro mounts for 15 and 50 deg installs

Edited by lloydy - 26 Dec 12 at 22:17
16" syncro multivan
fufflenarnia View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
#1 Cable Shift Bitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fufflenarnia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 12 at 23:42
I had an adaptor water jetted by a place in Chatham, done off an AutoCAD drawing by me, so lots of time, but a fraction of that cost.

Edited by fufflenarnia - 26 Dec 12 at 23:46
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max and caddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 12 at 13:19
How much was that fraction?
lloydy View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lloydy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 12 at 13:41
I'd like to know that too.. Seeing as a tiny adapter for a tdi starter is 50 odd quid? I guess your adapter was for the pre 2000 block?
The adapter I linked to is only £160-170, cheap I reckon, if you can get someone to bring it back for you

Edited by lloydy - 27 Dec 12 at 13:43
16" syncro multivan
Vanorak
Vanorak
#1 Cable Shift Bitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fufflenarnia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 12 at 18:21
It was from 15mm steel similar profile to vw, about £68 all up for a one off.
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max and caddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 12 at 21:43
Sounds good to me...more is cheaper I guess as some of the cost is in the set up time...
Vanorak
Vanorak
#1 Cable Shift Bitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fufflenarnia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 12 at 21:59
With help I could do the cad drawings, for beer money

I would need to know what requirements - angles etc and then for someone to print out, cut out and try the template before it is cut.
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max and caddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 12 at 22:42
I think Andy has more or less done that bit already...just a final coat of looking at to go on then off to be cut is how I understand the situation..I could be wrong of course!

Edited by max and caddy - 27 Dec 12 at 23:51
..lee.. View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ..lee.. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 12 at 23:41
Spoke with Andy last week I think he is ready to roll with these just costing to do. I definatly need one but as he's done the hard bit it's not worth me going all over it again. Hoping to persuade him to get some done soon

I think 15 degree is the way to go doka or van body if you plan on running the vnt turbos.

Lee
it`s a big round cage but there`s too many animals in it for my liking.to address this ring lee on 07977 765818.
lloydy View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lloydy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 13 at 17:05
All coming apart now and sold
head in good condition
cylinders and bores look great, shame really
vacuum pump now off as well
also removed the little choke fitted to the AFN engine inside the filter bracket. This will get fitted to mine at the next oil change

16" syncro multivan
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 789