The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > The Brickyard > The Bus Park
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My First Van!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimmyCee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My First Van!
    Posted: 20 Oct 12 at 23:30
As a new member, I thought it would be cool to pop up some pics of my van - the mighty Maurice!

1986 VW LT35 2.4D

I wish that just once someone would call me 'Sir' without adding 'you're making a scene....'
bananaman View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bananaman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 12 at 23:59
Welcome to the yard and nice to see another LT being loved. The LT's seem to be gaining in popularity at the moment. You got any plans for it?
T5 T32 SWB Kombi 130ps
jason k View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
twinklerims

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jason k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 12 at 00:02
That looks clean and straight.

Nice bus!

Keep your eyes open for the brickies away team to see the shows we attend.

Edited by jason k - 21 Oct 12 at 00:03
Bcs shallowest surf award winner 2006
camperjam 2011 chug and tug team member
aberdare. south wales
newest member of karmann korner
no longer the only moderator to manage to ban himself

JimmyCee View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimmyCee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 12 at 00:07
Originally posted by colin hodge colin hodge wrote:

Welcome to the yard and nice to see another LT being loved. The LT's seem to be gaining in popularity at the moment. You got any plans for it?

Hi Colin, thanks for the welcome! Yeah, I properly fell in love with the LT as soon as I saw it - we were looking for a VW cos we wanted to camp and have the option of VW festies etc but, as I am quite a tall chap, we couldn't find one big enough.

I have a few ideas for projects - I'm probably going to re-do the interior over the winter, lick o' paint new seat covers etc. Maybe a new floor too. Definitely going to have get some better sounds in there too, I can barely hear the radio over the engine! Smile

The biggest job I'm thinking about is putting a turbo on him - he's a little underpowered at present and I've been advised that popping a turbo on may improve the mpg but I'll need some further advice before I decide.

Have you had yours long? Any pics hereabouts?
1986 VW LT35 2.4D

I wish that just once someone would call me 'Sir' without adding 'you're making a scene....'
JimmyCee View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimmyCee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 12 at 00:10
Originally posted by jason k jason k wrote:

That looks clean and straight.

Nice bus!

Keep your eyes open for the brickies away team to see the shows we attend.

Thanks Jason! Yeah, I will do - really looking forward to doing some shows!
1986 VW LT35 2.4D

bananaman View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bananaman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 12 at 00:13
Sounds like its going to keep you busy over the winter then. Are you going to do a progress thread on it- would be good to keep up with the work. I've got a T5 that I've been running for around 2yrs now, no pictures up yet but maybe that's a job for tomorrow! Just be careful with adding a turbo, the engine may need extra cooling if you add one so investigate your current setups limitations.
T5 T32 SWB Kombi 130ps
JimmyCee View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimmyCee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 12 at 00:21
Yeah, it may well do - I'm really looking forward to getting stuck in!! 

I'll be honest though, the mechanical bits (turbo etc.) will likely be done by my local VW chap (known as ..lee.. round these parts!) rather than me. I've learned from long experience to stay the hell away from engines! Thanks for the tip about the cooling, I'll make a note of that. Thumbs Up

But all the other bits I'll do myself, barring the cushions as the wife is a dab hand with a sewing machine.

A progress thread is a cracking idea, I'll make sure I get one up when the work starts. Smile
1986 VW LT35 2.4D

D&D View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
"deuce"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote D&D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 12 at 07:24

I like that, looks well kitted out
Carthago 32.1 T4 LWB
BY Golden Nut Winner
Chug & Tug Team Member
T3 Ben View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T3 Ben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 12 at 07:27
welcome, that looks a real home away from home Thumbs Up
BOBBER View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
stella fella

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BOBBER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 12 at 09:02
Nice, plenty of room in there mateThumbs Up, got a soft spot for early LTsBig smile.
jason k View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
twinklerims

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jason k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 12 at 11:20
go buy one instead of that wobble box then WinkLOL
Bcs shallowest surf award winner 2006
camperjam 2011 chug and tug team member
aberdare. south wales
newest member of karmann korner
no longer the only moderator to manage to ban himself

booted View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote booted Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 12 at 11:30
WHS^^
BOBBER View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
stella fella

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BOBBER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 12 at 12:29
Originally posted by jason k jason k wrote:

go buy one instead of that wobble box then WinkLOL

Big smile
 Post Reply Post Reply