The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > The Brickyard > The Brickie's Arms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

TSR engine conversions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geedub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TSR engine conversions
    Posted: 17 Aug 12 at 06:08
Just found this site seems like a good place to beSmile.

Doing some research on TSR anyone had any dealings with them ?
rowlesy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
murdered the murderwagen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rowlesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 12 at 07:12
keep searching! theres lots of talk about these guys! have a mooch on cgti
UberFukz broke another!       sucky sucky five dollah!

always out numbered never out gunned!    RWS welding 07846 380 467 (worcs)
Allanw View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
SYCOPHANTIC TRAINEE WELSHMAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Allanw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 12 at 08:05
Ummm... you could ask flowervanman what he thinks.

Or you could just get it done elsewhere.

Maybe they've gotten better???

RJES seems to be the benchmark over there.

Allan :-)

'84 T3 Kombi, EJ25 DOHC, apprentice Viking...

Duct Tape can't fix stupid, but it can MUFFLE the sound.
flowervanman View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flowervanman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 12 at 09:41
If it wasn't for Tsr I wouldn't have a clue how a Subaru engine works, I wouldn't be able to solder and I would never have dared to re-wire most of my van!
They MIGHT have improved but I find it hard to believe that so called experts in a particular field can do such a bad job. They hack off most of the electrical system that actually make the engine run properly, then they remove the engine check light and connectors so you will never know what is actually wrong!
I spent 3 years stalling at every junction unless I juggled the pedals like a circus clown, tsr's solution was earthing, when I asked about a vss I was told its a load of crap and they don't need em! After fitting one and numerous other things they hacked off its running sweet.
If my case were a one off having a bad day situation it would be forgivable but the more I searched the more people I found who had similar issues.
If I lived a bit closer I wouldn't probably have a criminal record now for making somebody eat the ecu out of their own car!
STEER WELL CLEAR !!!!!!!!
Founder Member of the One Man Brazilian Bay Club within a non club forum based chat thingy
BUS.BOY View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BUS.BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 12 at 10:16
I looked at a TSR install last year
And yes it was I the van and running
But
There was lots of things not quite right
I would ask around and get some feed back
From other people who have had it done by
Them
I would also shop around and see what the
Difference in price is between the installers
************bristol t3 racers************
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flowervanman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 12 at 15:16
I would highly reccomend rjes for anything Subaru related. There are loads of people on here who can give good honest advice on whichever route you choose to take, if I were doing it again I'd buy rjes bits and have a crack myself, it looks a lot more daunting than it actually is!
Don't believe all you read on adverts, my van is the shiny black Brazilian bay on Tsr website and if I'm one of the case studies they chose to use as an advert I can only pray for the poor fuckers they didn't want to show!
I would ask him to remove it but I'm more than happy to be a very bad advert, if he offered me a full refund to keep quiet I wouldn't accept it as I would not wish the Tsr experience on anybody.

Right, who's got some Valium? I was alright till I woke up and read that..
Founder Member of the One Man Brazilian Bay Club within a non club forum based chat thingy
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flowervanman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 12 at 16:46
Oh forgot to mention his brake conversions.... With him being a Vw expert he chooses to put the big fat caliper bolt into the skinny hole so when you need to take the caliper off you can spend hours drilling the snapped bolt out and re-tapping!
I didn't know they were 2 different bolts till I had to sort his fuck up but I would like to think if vws was my chosen profession I could give half a fuck what I was actually doing to my customers vehicles

I don't want to slate the guy but I'm honest and he's fuckin shite
rowlesy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
murdered the murderwagen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rowlesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 12 at 17:32
Originally posted by flowervanman flowervanman wrote:

I don't want to slate the guy but I'm honest and he's fuckin shite

don't hold back fella!LOL let it all out!
UberFukz broke another!       sucky sucky five dollah!

always out numbered never out gunned!    RWS welding 07846 380 467 (worcs)
rogerthecat View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
official aa mascot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rogerthecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 12 at 20:56
Oh, trying to nick my problem Scooby install title eh?
Mine wasn't done by TSR, but it could have been reading flowervanman's tales of woe.
Richard at RJES is brilliant, lots of help and superb parts.
There are a couple of people on here who offer conversions IIRC, ask about, but yet to hear a positive report for TSR.
T3 Westy, T3 Syncro (the ScoobyVelle), New Beetle Cab, 2 x Polos - I have too many projects
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flowervanman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 12 at 21:17
There's nowt worse than " oh I've spent my life savings on a job that was shite BUT I don't want to name the twat that did it!"
It's uncomfortable sitting on the fence
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flowervanman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 12 at 21:31
That looks bad.... Wasn't aimed at you rtc....was posting at same time...
 Post Reply Post Reply