The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > T3 Engine Upgrades
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Need wiring diagram for 1Z conversion, pls help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Need wiring diagram for 1Z conversion, pls help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
dbug View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

I Luv Glynwoods I do!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dbug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need wiring diagram for 1Z conversion, pls help
    Posted: 15 Jul 12 at 16:33
Has the large round plug come undone - only needs a small amount to cause issues on the 1z

It's in the engine bay usually by the fuel pump, large round plug and socket about same diameter as a coke can.

timmythedog View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

westy fetishist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timmythedog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 12 at 10:29
Have you checked your ground wires?
Syncro doka td
T4 Multivan Generation, 151
89 Caravelle Exclusive 2.1
Caravelle GL AFN tdi
53 plate T4 Panel.888 special x factor.
88 DG Panel(uncut)
calypso Atlantic pop.
VW Nerd View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VW Nerd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 12 at 07:54
The engine number can usually be found on a sticker on the cam belt cover and also stamped into the engine block just below the cylinder head on the non turbo side of the engine. It is under the block breather hose, by the water temp sensor. Usually very rusted and in need of a clean up.

If the loom and the ecu have worked together for the past 3 years then who ever fitted the engine must have changed something.

DId the original engine die of natural causes or could it have had an electrical problem that caused it not to run properly.
Developing parts for the VW T3 TDI market Inc flipped audi gearbox install parts.

Tim Shettle
www.ultimate-engineering.co.uk
Bristol

Tel/txt 07810 320 464

AFN TDI Panel Van
Chrisoh View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrisoh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 12 at 22:45
When I bought the van it had the conversion, we just changed the engine. So I assume that the wiring was from the engine it had. No idea what it was as it had no engine number.
Chrisoh View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrisoh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 12 at 22:43
It has worked fine for the past 3yrs. This just happened a month ago. I know what you mean.

Re-wiring the whole thing has come to mind.

We'll find what it is soon, hopefully in time for my holiday... which is in 2 weeks time.
VW Nerd View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VW Nerd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 12 at 22:37
You may have an issue using an ecu from a different loom that the loom fitted in your bus. Not all looms share the same pin outs.
Its best to keep the right loom with the right ecu.

This may be where you are getting problems.

Tim.
Developing parts for the VW T3 TDI market Inc flipped audi gearbox install parts.

Tim Shettle
www.ultimate-engineering.co.uk
Bristol

Tel/txt 07810 320 464

AFN TDI Panel Van
Chrisoh View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrisoh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 12 at 22:25
Thanks \/,,
steve_hi11 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve_hi11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 12 at 00:41
Haynes Service Repair Manual No. 3498

VW PASSAT 1988 -1996 Petrol and Diesel

Covers both AAZ and 1Z engines, over 6 wiring diagrams for the 1Z.

PM me your email address and I'll send you a scan.

steveh
Chrisoh View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrisoh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 12 at 22:12
Dude... I wish things were easier than what they are...

Bought my van with the conversion in Spain, had an engine without an engine code and that 1 went... I had no clue to what I was doing, neither did the mechanic that I took it to. (You saw what they did with the alloys, right?)

After trying to figure things out we changed the engine with another one, that 1 was not working well, then we put this 1Z engine on it. This one has worked quite well really. So we think that the loom is from the old engine. From the ecu number we gather that it was from a mk4 passat.

Now... been giving me some problems, lacking power and not picking up when I change gears. I guess you have read the other forums in which I have posted things.

Took it to this mechanic and they connected a OBD II socket which it did not have. This is when it started to read a few errors around the MAC unit, so that was changed. After this it picked up more errors around the same circuit, (water cooler, fuel pump and a few others), they said something about it having an open live wire.

I have given them all the info they have provided on these forums, but they tell me it is not the right one and that they cannot do anything with it.

If I just understood this situation more than what I do, I would not be as stressed than what I am about it. Just trying to sort things out as we don't really know much about the conversion done to it.

We might get a auto-electrician to have a look at it, but it's gonna cost a bomb!! So anything that can help will be appreciated.

Don't we just love VW's

Edited by Chrisoh - 12 Jul 12 at 22:13
Steve B View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 12 at 20:17
What about the replies and info on 80-90?
Chrisoh View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrisoh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 12 at 20:14
Yep... but I still haven't received anything.
Can you help out?
Steve B View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 12 at 17:13
Isn't Crasher on VZi helping you out with the info as well as the people who have replied on 80-90?

Edited by Steve B - 12 Jul 12 at 17:14
Chrisoh View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrisoh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 12 at 17:11
Nobody...
Chrisoh View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrisoh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 12 at 19:21
Looking for a wiring diagram for the following...

There seemed to be an error code coming from the mass air control unit, so that was changed.

After this was changed more error codes came up which were not there before. There is something wrong with the wiring around the mass air control unit, heat sensor and cooling system, etc. Cannot remember what exactly, some kind of open live wire.

Now to continue I need a wiring Diagram for the setup.

Got a 1Z engine fitted from a 96 Golf, with an ecu from a passat which is part No: 028 906 021 B. It used to have a MK4 passat engine fitted before.

Can someone supply me with a wiring diagram so that my mechanic can figure things out. Been trying to look for one, but with no avail. We have checked:
http://www.haywood-sullivan.com/vanagon ... _LONG4.pdf

but it is not the one we need.
 Post Reply Post Reply