Forum Home Forum Home > The Brickyard > Show pictures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hockenheim Bus Tuning Treffen 2012

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Yardie
Yardie
Ingenieur

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silverbullet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 12 at 09:54
Originally posted by andy1300gt andy1300gt wrote:

I would have come back with all sorts of hair brained ideas and I can't afford it.
You need to spend more time with the Bristol Racers! A bit of healthy rivalry is what drives the standard upwards, according to Martin. The lads will have your truck on 18's and petrol powered before you can say "sorry love, nothing left for the new kitchen this year" LOL
Have I missed anything?
andy1300gt View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andy1300gt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 12 at 09:56
BUT, diesels have won the Le Mans 24hrs since they first entered. I have go 17's
It's all rust in the end....

89 T3 Doka - AFN TDI
76 XJC 4.2 Daimler - Gone!
72 Austin 1300
silverbullet View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie
Ingenieur

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silverbullet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 12 at 10:36
Are you sure you're from Bristol? LOL
Have I missed anything?
rowlesy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
murdered the murderwagen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rowlesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 12 at 17:22
Originally posted by silverbullet silverbullet wrote:

Are you sure you're from Bristol? LOL

so rough guess how much did your trip cost? for a guide on next years brit invasion?
UberFukz broke another!       sucky sucky five dollah!

always out numbered never out gunned!    RWS welding 07846 380 467 (worcs)
Yardie
Yardie
Ingenieur

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silverbullet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 12 at 17:42
Dunkirque to Hockenheim is 610km or 375 miles. Add on your UK mileage. I reckon I got though 190-200 litres of super @ 26mpg, going door-to door from Woking. Doing an average of 70mph (I was a bit slower on the way out)

LPG is around 46 cents a litre in Belgium, more like 80+ in Germany. Big capacity is essential, so I stuck with the 98 RON. Petrol is about the same price as here, give or take a few cents. Definitely dearer down in S.Germany compared to the Belgian prices.

We ate pretty well (evening bbq etc, the odd cafe for breakfast but still v.cheap and good food) beer is untaxed so very cheap (20 bottles with crate deposit for less than 20 Euro!)

I reckon I spent 600 Euro - no more than that - including Souvenirs at Nuerburgring (still cheap, not a rip-off) and a little parts splurging, which was only 90 Euro all told anyway.

A solid 300 on fuel, 200 on beer and grub.

If you're running a Westy sooter like Keith then you could probably do the trip for more like 400-450 Euro, at a guess.

Edited by silverbullet - 27 Jun 12 at 17:50
Have I missed anything?
BUS.BOY View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BUS.BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 12 at 18:22

A solid 300 on fuel, 200 on beer and grub

We got back this morning after driving just over 1600 miles
I took the t5 which is a 1.9 tdi and had 4 persons in it and was fully loaded with our camping gear
Big gazebo and a large tool selection etc
We got about 550 miles to a tank of fuel which is about £96 to fill
But us Bristol boys done much much more than £200 on beer alone
************bristol t3 racers************
Yardie
Yardie
Ingenieur

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silverbullet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 12 at 19:01
Diesel filth! At least you had the decency to redress the balance sheet with alcohol purchases!

A fill up for me was about 130 Euro for 85 litres @ 1.55 and carried my bus about 50 miles less.

Only 2-up, but with a better soundtrack Wink

Great to meet you guys, I can say that I survived the Bristol Massive on Tour (OK you were a man or two down) and Keith is a top lad to have on the catering front even if he does talk for Essex!
Have I missed anything?
rowlesy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
murdered the murderwagen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rowlesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 12 at 21:21

Dunkirque to Hockenheim is 610km or 375 miles. Add on your UK mileage. I reckon I got though 190-200 litres of super @ 26mpg, going door-to door from Woking. Doing an average of 70mph (I was a bit slower on the way out)

LPG is around 46 cents a litre in Belgium, more like 80+ in Germany. Big capacity is essential, so I stuck with the 98 RON. Petrol is about the same price as here, give or take a few cents. Definitely dearer down in S.Germany compared to the Belgian prices.

We ate pretty well (evening bbq etc, the odd cafe for breakfast but still v.cheap and good food) beer is untaxed so very cheap (20 bottles with crate deposit for less than 20 Euro!)

I reckon I spent 600 Euro - no more than that - including Souvenirs at Nuerburgring (still cheap, not a rip-off) and a little parts splurging, which was only 90 Euro all told anyway.

A solid 300 on fuel, 200 on beer and grub.

If you're running a Westy sooter like Keith then you could probably do the trip for more like 400-450 Euro, at a guess.

not too bad then! thought it would of been much more tbh? got me thinking of getting the doka sorted for next year now!
UberFukz broke another!       sucky sucky five dollah!

always out numbered never out gunned!    RWS welding 07846 380 467 (worcs)
Yardie
Yardie
Ingenieur

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silverbullet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 12 at 14:07
Small typo: Went though the receipts, LPG 56 cents/litre in Belgique but still cheap as water.

Tip: Skinny 100T tyres defo help the mpg on the long run. Probably worth taking your track day rubber bands on-board and doing a swap Sat am while the hangover wears off...
Have I missed anything?
BUS.BOY View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BUS.BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 12 at 14:37
here's a few pic's of the trip
nurburgring was a merc testing day
the first camp site is our stop over point on the rhine

gusbang View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gusbang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 12 at 15:47
Originally posted by BUS.BOY BUS.BOY wrote:

here's a few pic's of the trip
nurburgring was a merc testing day
the first camp site is our stop over point on the rhine

Great photos

What wheels are on that atlantic?
T3 Doka 2.1MV
Yardie
Yardie
Ingenieur

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silverbullet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 12 at 16:33
Porsche 19" (of course) from a GT3 or summat. The tyres are painted on LOL
Have I missed anything?
Yardie
Yardie
Ingenieur

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silverbullet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 12 at 14:37
Should have some more pics from Bro soon, he's gonna burn a disc then I'll sift through them and add to my 'bucket account. Got anymore Martin? Should be safe to whack'em up here Wink
Have I missed anything?
BUS.BOY View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BUS.BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 12 at 16:19
just veted some more pic's and taged them on to my photo bucket

thought we agreed to remove all pictures of blokes wearing skirts from our albums Wink
we dont want people geting the wrong ideals  
Yardie
Yardie
Ingenieur

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silverbullet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 12 at 16:26
LOL Our American friend was wearing a garment of dubious origins, it's true to say.
Have I missed anything?
BUS.BOY View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BUS.BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 12 at 16:33

LOL Our American friend was wearing a garment of dubious origins, it's true to say.

Titus A Duxass View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Titus A Duxass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 12 at 06:07

Very fucking dubious!

Bollocks to it all!!
51°24′N 12°52′E
Yardie
Yardie
Ingenieur

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silverbullet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 12 at 11:03
Some people just don't know how to dress appropriately for dinner...

As my Grandad used to say "Be very careful when dealing with anyone who doesn't drink!"

Edited by silverbullet - 04 Jul 12 at 11:04
Have I missed anything?
Surfrider View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Surfrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 12 at 12:24
Originally posted by nicko868 nicko868 wrote:

Originally posted by rowlesy rowlesy wrote:

looks a cracking event! need to sort my life out and get over there!

+1

+2

+ get my van mint too...
I BOOKED MY TICKET TO HELL ALONG TIME AGO.
tram-man View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tram-man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 12 at 23:31
On my list for 2013. Piss in a bucket, or have they got decent overnight facilities? Stuart

'97 A4 AFN | '60 T1 ratlook | '57 Oval | Dec '82 T3 Westfalia 1Y+DK+215/60x16
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>