The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > The Brickyard > Show pictures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hockenheim Bus Tuning Treffen 2012

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kent Joker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hockenheim Bus Tuning Treffen 2012
    Posted: 25 Jun 12 at 22:54

Just back From the Bus Treffen and what a cool show, a big thanks to bus boy who made the whole thing very easy , really nice bunch of guys we went out last Wednesday stopped overnight in Leige, then down to  a camp site right on the Rien, BBQ  beers and bed then down to the  Nuerburgring  wasn’t able to go round because there was some manufacture testing to check out, we then headed down to the Bus Treffen , you would be hard push to see so many top quality T3 and more Porsche powered VW that you can shake a stick at, loads of parts and spares, very laid back show and if you have ever wanted to go you should really make the effort.

We met up with Titus,at the show and Silver Bullet came down with us from Dover we even managed a few laps of the Ring

We left for home on Sunday at 9:30 and got to Dunkirk at 4pm my bus run faultlessly so well pleased, I have some photos that I will load up as soon as I get 5 minutes and I’m sure Titus and Silver Bullet will be along with some soon    

Keith

1990 PD TDI Westy Atlantic
BUS.BOY View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BUS.BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 12 at 07:17
Thanks Keith glad you had a good time
Make sure you put it in your diary again for next year
As you know I am still in Europe
So I will upload all my picture's and video on the weekend
When i back get Back
Here's some mobile uploads to get your taste buds watering

Edited by BUS.BOY - 01 Jul 12 at 12:00
************bristol t3 racers************
Titus A Duxass View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Titus A Duxass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 12 at 10:00
It was a great weekend with lots of interesting bussen and some shite.

Here's a selection of photos in no particular order or meaning.

The big boys really gave them busses a good thrashing.

It was well worth the 100 km round trip and I got 29mpg on the way back!

Bollocks to it all!!
51°24′N 12°52′E
silverbullet View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie
Ingenieur

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silverbullet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 12 at 10:09
You bastards broke my brother-in-law! He kept it together until Liege on the return leg (after Saturday night's amusements)  but while I was grabbing a Latte and Pain rustique in the services, he was "assuming the position" against the bus and decorating his boots in the pouring rain LOL

He's a hardened drinker too! He blames the Schnapps we got from the Rooney fan, I think his liver is shagged...

Pics and vids in due course.

PS The Bus returned about 26 mpg on 98 octane, I reckon I could just about do the run on one SA tank each way Smile
Have I missed anything?
nicko868 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicko868 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 12 at 13:18
wow some very nice looking busses there, they dont half love there big engines out there ..... wouldnt mind going next year .. if i had a wagon on the road Cry
Yardie
Yardie
Ingenieur

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silverbullet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 12 at 14:32
They do love their buses out there! At the more standad end of things not many diesels but loads of wbx's and all sounding sweet. The white stripped-out wbx racer was a 2.1 running twin 45's and something like a 320 degree cam and making 180 PS!

My SA got loads of attention, I reckon if I had a Euro for every person who came up and stroked the rear vent I could have brought a set of Porsche modulars home with change to spare!

A German chap came over and told me that he's got a 2002 SA in Germany, with a factory fitted 2.5 TDi engine, one of only three prototypes made!!! We were just about to go swimming so I didn't have a chance to get his number Cry

No bandwidth to upload vids, will have to do it tonight but here's a handful of pics to be going on with:

Edited by silverbullet - 26 Jun 12 at 14:42
Have I missed anything?
Titus A Duxass View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Titus A Duxass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 12 at 15:10
A small vid -

Bollocks to it all!!
51°24′N 12°52′E
rowlesy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
murdered the murderwagen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rowlesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 12 at 20:43
looks a cracking event! need to sort my life out and get over there!
UberFukz broke another!       sucky sucky five dollah!

always out numbered never out gunned!    RWS welding 07846 380 467 (worcs)
nicko868 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicko868 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 12 at 20:47
Originally posted by rowlesy rowlesy wrote:

looks a cracking event! need to sort my life out and get over there!

+1
rowlesy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
murdered the murderwagen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rowlesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 12 at 20:51
12 months to get fingers out of arses then!
UberFukz broke another!       sucky sucky five dollah!

always out numbered never out gunned!    RWS welding 07846 380 467 (worcs)
nicko868 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicko868 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 12 at 20:55
dont know if i will ever get my van on the road well not in the nexT3 years haha are you aloud to go in the caddy haha ? :P

Yardie
Yardie
Ingenieur

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silverbullet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 12 at 21:19
It's a very T3-oriented event, there was the odd bay and later Transporter but tbh if you arrived in anything else, you'd feel like a bit of a gooseberry! It is super-friendly though, just learn a few words of German beforehand, they appreciate the effort Wink

I would really like to be packing more ponies next year, either 20v or bring the Microbru as it's so much lighter (but the anchors are currently shite)

Too many projects for the next 12 months, I need to choose one now!
Have I missed anything?
nicko868 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicko868 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 12 at 21:57
ah i see, well we will see how the next year pans out then ! :P yeah v5 20vt not seen one of those in a t3 i dont think, would be ace to see it done. 
nicko868 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicko868 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 12 at 22:00
edit that, I am a douche there is a thread about thus 1.8T as I speak Embarrassed
Yardie
Yardie
Ingenieur

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silverbullet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 12 at 22:19

Straight 5 if you please! I'vegot a 2.6/7A hybrid brewing...Although the 2.3 VR5 is supposed to be a pretty good little motor, far less juicy than the 2.9 VR6!

Anyway, enough cobblers, here's my laps:

Edited by silverbullet - 26 Jun 12 at 22:20
Have I missed anything?
T3Panel View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T3Panel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 12 at 23:02
Great vid Ian,your bus sounds superb! Shame you had to retire, looks like a lot of fun!
1987 T3 Panel 2.0 T3i!
1990 T3 Atlantic
1.8T Conversion sat on an engine stand waiting for spare time.
Yardie
Yardie
Ingenieur

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silverbullet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 12 at 23:18
Thanks! The old thing really does sound good when on-song (tunnels are fun)
At least the belt went on the last lap, I had a spare on board and a basic tool kit, so delved straight in to a red-hot engine bay and changed it while the big boys were wazzing round. Got to see the W12 and the 996 Westy go past a couple of times from the pit lane wall, you can't believe how fast they accelerate from the corner entering the grandstand straight...
Have I missed anything?
mrhutch View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
the ginger princess

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrhutch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 12 at 23:38
hahahahahha  at 15:28

"I'm trying to stay out of your fucking way"

Looks cracking Ian...
T3 1981 Westy Vanagon - thinks lubricant is a fuel
Tee3 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Coprophagous Cretin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tee3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 12 at 00:05
cool clip!

some quick stuff there too

Thumbs Up

One day....

YOU CANT EDUCATE GAMMON

http://www.tee3.co.uk/
andy1300gt View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andy1300gt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 12 at 09:46
Shit, wank fuk. I was supposed to go, had a ferry ticket an everything. But in some ways I feel glad, as looking at the vids and pics I would have come back with all sorts of hair brained ideas and I can't afford it. Thanks for all the vids and piccys.
It's all rust in the end....

89 T3 Doka - AFN TDI
76 XJC 4.2 Daimler - Gone!
72 Austin 1300
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>