The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Section > LT2 and sprinter forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

LT 35 MWB Camper Build

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
traversd View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
backlit splinter sack!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote traversd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 15 at 08:41
Looking good Ben. We are both on a mission just now !

For your overhead locker, have you come flush off of the sliding door runner housing, or lifted it that side ?

Been thinking on mine for a while. I kept the top part of my bulkhead, so deliberating on whether to keep it level with that or just secure it flat to the runner housing,....

Going to change my dash speakers as well. Current ones are shoite
Vanfest 2011 - Skittles Vodka
Camperjam 2011 tug n chug team
Camperjam 2013 - Lost to the Bodybuilders, but delivered in a Syncro
Tough Mudder - Fried Piggy For - Charity

So, Rae is a girl then yeah.
BenA View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BenA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 15 at 10:55
The tambour door I had made up from Gallant. I had to modify a couple of 90 degree channels to work in the way I wanted. Thy're not a cheap solution, but they should work well.

The dash speakers are these http://uk.infinitysystems.com/product-detail-new-infinity/kappa-429i.html, though I got them from an eBay store for about £50. Was a 10 minute job to take old one out and fit these, I had to cut off a couple of the tabs and obviously not use the grilles they come with. Fitted the original dash grilles back over and to look at its no different, but the sound is day and night!
BenA View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BenA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 15 at 11:00
Yes it's flush with the top of the sliding door runner, sits on top of it at the left (as you look at it), I re s
Used the original cab headlining stuff in the cupboard and carpeted it over, looks neat and I'm quite pleased with it, it's definitely a useable size locker
LTCamper89 View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LTCamper89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 15 at 11:34
I was thinking of looking in Ikea, thanks though.
1989 LT28 2.4D    Saviour of 6Music, well one of them. Now playing http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/player/bbc_6music

VW LT Camper not Cramper

....at least the roof is not rusting away....
BenA View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BenA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 15 at 20:22
Finished building and fitted second base unit - still have shelves, doors and drawers to fit to these.

Also fitted rear curtain and blanked out rear part of rear window (where fridge is going) ...

BenA View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BenA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 15 at 08:57
I've been flat out working on the van at every opportunity - but not had chance to update here for a while:

Built the back wall - this bit will divide the van so I can build the shower room 

I was then also able to fit the fridge

Then install the overhead cupboard I made:

Had a couple of bits of stainless steel cut to form a splash back:

Sorted the electrics, now have lights working and connected up water tank and pump etc - have running water too!

Fitted doors and drawer

Getting there now - Still have some shelves to fit in the cupboards, hot water system, shower and bog room etc.  I'm probably going to just fit solar panel in the next couple of weeks and leave the shower room and seats upholstery etc until next year - just want to have a break and do some camping!

traversd View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
backlit splinter sack!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote traversd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 15 at 12:33
Looking awesome Ben. We are doing some camping now :) still miles and miles from finished !
Vanfest 2011 - Skittles Vodka
Camperjam 2011 tug n chug team
Camperjam 2013 - Lost to the Bodybuilders, but delivered in a Syncro
Tough Mudder - Fried Piggy For - Charity

So, Rae is a girl then yeah.
Speshulbrew View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speshulbrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 15 at 17:21
your vans the dogs bollox mate
jason k View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
twinklerims

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jason k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 15 at 17:24
Great build!
Bcs shallowest surf award winner 2006
camperjam 2011 chug and tug team member
aberdare. south wales
newest member of karmann korner
no longer the only moderator to manage to ban himself

rowlesy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
murdered the murderwagen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rowlesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 15 at 21:09
she's getting there ben Thumbs Up nowt in there last time i saw it bar a seat rattling round in the back!
UberFukz broke another!       sucky sucky five dollah!

always out numbered never out gunned!    RWS welding 07846 380 467 (worcs)
nic View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 15 at 13:50
looks very professional. keep up the good work!
http://www.fosterandday.co.uk
Elaine View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elaine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 15 at 14:56
Incredible!!!!!!!!
Lloydy16 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lloydy16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 19 at 13:51
hi where did you get your windows from thanks lloyd 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345